• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Salman Butt has apparently been contracted to do commentary for Channel Five Pakistan at the WC. I kid you not.

Reckon his predictions as to the immediate course the game is about to take will be very incisive.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Salman Butt has apparently been contracted to do commentary for Channel Five Pakistan at the WC. I kid you not.
I read this in the paper this morning. I had to make sure it wasn't April 1. Still struggling to believe it.

smash84

The Tiger King
I read this in the paper this morning. I had to make sure it wasn't April 1. Still struggling to believe it.
If we can have the most corrupt president in the world don't be surprised if we can have salman butt as a commentator.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
News of the World falls. Now what would be the legitimacy of their evidence with the newly unfolding saga? Are Pakistani's going to jump on the occasion and file an appeal?

Anyone who knows about the situation.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
News of the World falls. Now what would be the legitimacy of their evidence with the newly unfolding saga? Are Pakistani's going to jump on the occasion and file an appeal?

Anyone who knows about the situation.
Seems a sensible step to consider. I don't think it would get them anywhere though. They were found guilty by a judicial panel that was quite independent of the filth at the NOTW, and I doubt the panel was under the illusion that the NOTW were paragons of virtue even then.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yeah, I don't think the NOTW had much evidence to begin with, but since then it's gone through all the proper channels - police, courts, etc - so I doubt the prosecution was relying on what the paper had to say by the end.