• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Spot-Fixing Scandal

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yeah, has to be life time bans for all involved once substantiated. Sad for cricket fans in one sense, but given the guys involved appear to be scum cheats anyway, not as big a loss as might be thought. And in any case, in some fights there will be casualties and these blokes put themselves on the chopping block.

I think there have been enough incidents in recent times involving the Pakistan team that they should be suspended from international cricket for a while - I'd suggest at least until after the coming WC. There has clearly been a failure at more levels than just a couple of players being got at. I think the ICC needs to have some say into the make-up and conduct of the PCB as well before they are allowed back in.

I feel massively sorry for the Pakistani fans but this crap has got to stop.

Following the Sydney test I told myself I wasn't going to watch or take any interest in any further matches involving Pakistan because I was sick of finding out afterwards that I hadn't been watching what I thought I was. I ignored the Aus-Pak series in England, but had started following the Eng-Pak series because of the 'quality' of the cricket and because given I was now a mod, I thought I should at least follow the series and the thread. Ugh, no more. I'm boycotting them for the foreseeable future.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Hey shut the **** up about Pakistani cricket team. Just for a couple of ****s who cheated doesn't mean you put the whole team on line. First go ban SA for ever because of there captain who was involved in match fixing. Otherwise keep your pretty comments to yourself.
Like i said go ban SA first. Otherwise stfu.
Mate, I know you're upset, and everyone here feels for you immediately, but don't attack others for their views. We'll keep an eye on and warn anyone stepping out of line. Argue the point to defend players who you feel haven't done anything wrong, but don't attack other posters, ok?

AaronK

State Regular
this is heart breaking..

i have seen many dark days as a pakistani cricket fan...

Aamir and Asif why why???????

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amir had so much ahead of him. He could have made loads of money at the IPL later on. There was no need for him to get into this stuff, risking his future for a one-off financial gain.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Mate, I know you're upset, and everyone here feels for you immediately, but don't attack others for their views. We'll keep an eye on and warn anyone stepping out of line. Argue the point to defend players who you feel haven't done anything wrong, but don't attack other posters, ok?
How is this stepping out of line or attacking anyone??

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
whatever man...i am out of here for the time being before i write more crape....you guys can go ahead and butcher Pak cricket as you like....

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God ****ing damn it Pakistan.

I had money on the no-ball being on the 5th ball of that over. ffs. Do I get my money back?

mohammad16

U19 Captain
I honestly don't understand why anyone is surprised here, these actions are simply a product of their environment, in Pakistan, it is nearly impossible to get into schools, work places, professional teams without bribes, fraud and deception. It is just common place all throughout Pakistani society. Why do you expect cricketers to be different?

Obviously this has nothing to do with Pakistani people as they are no different from people of any other nation but they are simply a victim to decades of exploitation and serious manipulation from the power centers above.

This culture is evident all across spectrum, kids are exposed to it at a very early age. No surprises here.

Teja.

Global Moderator
The match-fixing could not have been done under Afridi as multiple articles suggest. I'm not trying to defend Aamer's actions here but I hope this was a case of Butt asking a young 18 year old to bowl a no-ball or get out of the team and not a case of Aamer being directly involved, does not make his actions defensible but still. I hope Waqar Younis is not involved in the match-fixing.

Apart from that, for those who were fully involved, Do the cricketing world a favour and go die in a fire, ****s.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Before I defend Faisal for a second I just want to say

Pakistan are a ****ing disgrace and deserve everything they get in this situation

But if you think for one minute that they are the only sub continent involved in this crap (Sri Lanka vs India 3rd test anyone?) or even western players cairns etc then you are kidding yourselves

So is the tip of the iceberg. This is a huge problem

Teja.

Global Moderator
Before I defend Faisal for a second I just want to say

Pakistan are a ****ing disgrace and deserve everything they get in this situation

But if you think for one minute that they are the only sub continent involved in this crap (Sri Lanka vs India 3rd test anyone?) or even western players cairns etc then you are kidding yourselves

So is the tip of the iceberg. This is a huge problem
Seriously stfu. Are you actually suggesting that Ind vs SL 3rd test was fixed?

Ughh.

trapol

U19 12th Man
Yes I do.

Maybe you need to watch without rose tinted glasses that last day again.

In any case my point is if we think this is just a pak problem then you are joking. The IPL has exactly the same issues and the ICL was equally as bad.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yup, this would end only if there is a more equitable distribution of match fees and salaries amongst Test players.
Nah, this is a cultural problem rather than just a financial issue. Take the WI for example. Sure there have been match fixing issues for WI players but it is in no way endemic as in Pak cricket and the WI have far more financial and contractual issues than the Pakistanis.

The problem here is a combination of Pakistani cricket culture and temptation.

Frankly I am amazed this is a suprise to anyone. I had zero respect for Pakistani cricket previously so this doesnt change anything. I am not advocating it but if Pakistan never played another game of International cricket then I dont think the cricket world would be a worse place.

There have been far too many apologists for Pakistani cricket over the years and the cancer of a corrupt cricketing culture combined with righteous indignation has been allowed to fester for decades.