• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No UDRS for India-Australia Tests

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
I don't think anyone truly expected the BCCI to implement the UDRS for this series anyway. Such a backwards move though, the UDRS is clearly the way of the future. The England v Pakistan series has been a glowing example of the how the UDRS is of huge assistance in making the correct umpiring decisions.

I would hate for another India v Australia Test series to be tarnished by some questionable umpiring decisions. I don't ever want to sit through the same general ****ness of something like Sydney 08 ever again.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
I don't understand why India are so against it. They're about the only ones. I hope they cop soem baddies then.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
What a disgrace. India are probably saying no to the UDRS system because they will have an excuse if Australia end up beating them. Eg, If they get a few bad decisions.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What a disgrace. India are probably saying no to the UDRS system because they will have an excuse if Australia end up beating them. Eg, If they get a few bad decisions.
Yeah, that makes sense. They were probably afraid of using it against SL for the same reason. 8-)

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, that makes sense. They were probably afraid of using it against SL for the same reason. 8-)
Well certain Indian posters like Sir Alex seem to be the only ones complaining about the system.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't know Sir Alex was the person in the BCCI making the decision on whether or not to use it. :dry:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
I didn't know Sir Alex was the person in the BCCI making the decision on whether or not to use it. :dry:
I should have said more in my opening post. By India I mainly meant the BCCI, but I meant some of their fans as well.

For example, If India cop a few terrible calls in the series and it costs them and then they lose. I can see members on CW bringing the UDRS system up and then posters like SA dismissing this because they don't like the system.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Kylez, no need to divert conversation away from a cricketing issue to an attack on Alex.

And recent form would suggest that in India, the Indian team would have little reason to concoct excuses in advance - they messed us up last time we went over there if you recall.

Sir Alex

Banned
BTW I can understand UDRS was pretty much W.I.P when it was used in the Ind-SL series 2008, but it has come quite a bit since then and am at a loss to understand why Indians are still wary of it.

Still such a small issue really. Both sides have the risk of getting bad decisions. It is not as if India are going to benefit from this alone. Also, if they lose, due to Sydney-esque decisions, they'll have only themselves to blame really.

Last edited:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Kylez, no need to divert conversation away from a cricketing issue to an attack on Alex.

And recent form would suggest that in India, the Indian team would have little reason to concoct excuses in advance - they messed us up last time we went over there if you recall.
I'll stop mentioning him but I wasn't trying to attack him. I was just using his name as an example of one of the people who don't agree with the UDRS system. He is entitled to his opinion though.

Agree with the 2nd part of your post as well.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Backward and blinkered step, tbh. At least four decisions in our current test have ended up as the correct call because of it:

Colly not given LBW to Aamer - howler, overturned as hitting middle
Broad given LBW to Ajmal - overturned as missing leg
Broad not given LBW to Ajmal - overturned despite good stride was hitting 3/4 up up middle
Aamer not given LBW to Finn - overturned as struck in line and hit half way up leg

Might be others too, but without UDRS they would all have had to stand.

Craig

World Traveller
I just don't understand why they even have the right to make that decision whether or not to use the UDRS.

kingkallis

International Coach
Its sad that we are not ready to use / implement UDRS.

I was told by a source that SRT and MSD refused to use or understand the technology hence BCCI refused to use it...not really sure though!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I just don't understand why they even have the right to make that decision whether or not to use the UDRS.
Tend to agree with that comment. Interestingly this was from a Cricinfo article earlier this month: "When Australia tour India for a two-Test, three-ODI series this October, all the technology required for the controversial Umpire Decision Review System (UDRS) will be in place at every venue." So its not an issue about not having the technology available, because its clearly there - just a complete stonewall from the BCCI to not allow the players to use the system.