• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A dig into history - What they said when.....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Well, I had this idea seeing how CW guys (most, thankfully not all) seem to retrospectively rank every good knock or bowling effort down, we should perhaps dig up artciles written AT THE TIME and see how right/wrong the predictions have been from then..

First off.. Lara's 375:

Profile: Stroke after stroke of pure genius: Brian Lara, newly crowned king of the cricket world - Opinion - The Independent

Juz amazing that he said he would want to go past 375 1 day and he did, 10 years later, at the same place and against the same opponents.. Spooky!!! :laugh:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting thread idea this, and a nice article as well. Loved this bit:

In February, Lara's car was stolen by armed Trinidadian raiders and he lost all his equipment. In a tribute to his princely status in Port of Spain, the thieves, when they found whose gear they had swiped, gave it back

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
For things in the past seven years or so, you could always look at CW's reaction. I think a look back at Lara's quadruple-century, the Jo'burg record-setting ODI (candy ;)), the '03 NatWest Series, the Ashes (all of them, really), etc. would be really good fun. :D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yep.. some of the reactions to the 400 would show you if a result was really possible or not and whether they had enough time, won't it?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I remember Sobers coming out and hugging Lara when he made crossed 365 with that pull shot off Lewis. Caribbean cricket provided some great moments in the 90's, with Lara's 375 and the 153* and the crowd running into the ground.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I remember Sobers coming out and hugging Lara when he made crossed 365 with that pull shot off Lewis. Caribbean cricket provided some great moments in the 90's, with Lara's 375 and the 153* and the crowd running into the ground.
Walsh blocking a McGrath over was the highlight of that Barbados test for me. And the crowd reaction to it.. :laugh: