• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Road to India in England 2011

Who will win the England India Test Series 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Part piss-take, part-serious. :p

I mainly just started this thread to ask some questions. It looks like I'll probably be in England for the fourth Test at Kennington Oval, so I'm thinking of going to it for a day or two. It'd be much appreciated if I get some insight on the following:

How much would a ticket set me back?
How much would a good ticket set me back?
By when would I have to purchase tickets to ensure I got them?
How would I go about purchasing them?

Thanks guys.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
£60
£60
If this recession doesn't stop, around 11am on the day of the game
Money can be exchanged for goods and services at britoval.com

Do please be aware that you are feeding the bloated, hubristic monster that is Surrey Cricket...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
£60
£60
If this recession doesn't stop, around 11am on the day of the game
Money can be exchanged for goods and services at britoval.com

Do please be aware that you are feeding the bloated, hubristic monster that is Surrey Cricket...
Haha, thanks for that.

Hmm... do I go for two days or do I buy Marcuss a ticket and just go for one? Decisions decisions.. :p

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'll drive or something. But that's suits me down to the ground, you little lovebirds can spend all day nesting together and I can watch some cricket on my lonesome. Win.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, ten to ten to ten ten ten. Ten to ten to ten ten ten. Etc etc.

Also, only if he pays for petrol.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Pietersen gets out of his slump I think we'll win this. Long way off yet though.

GameGod

Cricket Spectator
I've never understood why people like to go watch so many matches live. With the money that would go into buying multiple tickets, just by a nice big HD Television and watch from there - you get a better view than you could ever get live, and you also get player commentary if you want it. Although it's good to ocassionally go see a match (especially if you've never seen one before), I prefer watching from home generally.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm really looking forward to this series. It is surely evident that you need pace bowlers who move the ball to succeed in England. Zaheer should be a lock, but we need to move swiftly in discarding people like Mithun who have been tried and have failed to impress. Ishant Sharma should be coming to the end of his particular run too, if he does not impress in the next Test series, as he has been out of form recently and desperately needs some wickets. Contrary to popular belief, India have a few bowlers who can step in; Sreesanth is currently recovering from a minor injury, Dhawal Kulkarni did okay in England for England A and Unadkat is always there to be rushed in to the Test team, pending a very impressive Ranji Trophy season.

If we can bowl competantly, I think that our batsman can really outperform England in England and make the difference. However, incompetant bowling will be punished and could result in England amassing 400-500 in 150-300 conditions and this is something which I feel will be our downfall if we cannot bowl accurately and penetratively.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ishant could be a big disaster there if we take him. He already sucks against left-handers and I can see Strauss-Cook laying into his short of a length stuff.

Teja.

Global Moderator
I'm really looking forward to this series. It is surely evident that you need pace bowlers who move the ball to succeed in England. Zaheer should be a lock, but we need to move swiftly in discarding people like Mithun who have been tried and have failed to impress. Ishant Sharma should be coming to the end of his particular run too, if he does not impress in the next Test series, as he has been out of form recently and desperately needs some wickets. Contrary to popular belief, India have a few bowlers who can step in; Sreesanth is currently recovering from a minor injury, Dhawal Kulkarni did okay in England for England A and Unadkat is always there to be rushed in to the Test team, pending a very impressive Ranji Trophy season.

If we can bowl competantly, I think that our batsman can really outperform England in England and make the difference. However, incompetant bowling will be punished and could result in England amassing 400-500 in 150-300 conditions and this is something which I feel will be our downfall if we cannot bowl accurately and penetratively.
Praveen Kumar IMO.