• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Road to India in England 2011

Who will win the England India Test Series 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
When IND last toured here in 2007, i was fairly confident that would have been Tendys last visit to this country. But it looks he may very well & be back here for this series & conincidentally it will be first time he will be facing a quality ENG attack in English conditions compared to crap he faced in 91, 96, 2002 & 2007.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When IND last toured here in 2007, i was fairly confident that would have been Tendys last visit to this country. But it looks he may very well & be back here for this series & conincidentally it will be first time he will be facing a quality ENG attack in English conditions compared to crap he faced in 91, 96, 2002 & 2007.
Ugh. And I'm sure you'll be the first person to call them crap if he does well.

flibbertyjibber

One thing,at least series between England and India are generally hard fought but fair.Yes there have been a few incidents over the years but they have been childs play in comparison to some of the stuff that has gone on between England and Pakistan.I always look forward to a series between England and India as you know it will be hotly contested in the right way.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Ugh. And I'm sure you'll be the first person to call them crap if he does well.
HA...leaving the sly comments aside & dull perceptions some CWers have towards my posts. Let go straight to cricketening merits of my post & let me tell you what i will actually say.

Firstly no the ENG attack next summer once no injuries occur, will CLEARLY be the best ENG attack Tendy would have faced in all his tours to ENG - that is not debatable. So if he does well, it will just further enhance his greatness - if he fails he will just have a little blimp on his legendary record.

Sir Alex

Banned
I expect India to have the better batting lineup, but by how much? It's quite likely that Dravid won't be there by next summer, and even if he is, he'll be well past his peak. Will Tendulkar still be around? Will he still have it in him to succeed in England? You'd like to hope so, but it's far from a given. No one can go on forever. Laxman? Will he even be any good in these conditions? Can you expect much from Raina? I have more confidence in the opening partnership than most, but even there there's question marks.

Unless there's injuries, I can only really see England improving in the next year. They're not set to lose any key players for a long time yet.
Not a pisstake but if we see English batting lineup

Cook - Well can he hang around after Ashes? Has looked terribly scratchy except for that one 100
Strauss - Same as Cook but discount the hundred
KP - Already dropped from ODI and T20 side.. Can he survive the Ashes?
Collingwood - Whatever you said about Laxman X 2
Bell - Who?
Morgan - Has so far flattered to deceive. About on par with Raina.

Hmm...

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not a pisstake but if we see English batting lineup

Cook - Well can he hang around after Ashes? Has looked terribly scratchy except for that one 100
Strauss - Same as Cook but discount the hundred
KP - Already dropped from ODI and T20 side.. Can he survive the Ashes?
Collingwood - Whatever you said about Laxman X 2
Bell - Who?
Morgan - Has so far flattered to deceive. About on par with Raina.

Hmm...
You seem to have missed out Trott?

vcs

HA...leaving the sly comments aside & dull perceptions some CWers have towards my posts. Let go straight to cricketening merits of my post & let me tell you what i will actually say.

Firstly no the ENG attack next summer once no injuries occur, will CLEARLY be the best ENG attack Tendy would have faced in all his tours to ENG - that is not debatable. So if he does well, it will just further enhance his greatness - if he fails he will just have a little blimp on his legendary record.
Fair enough, assuming this lineup will be the same that takes the field against India next summer. We'll see how they pass the trial by fire Down Under.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hmm.. yeah, but can he stand the Ashes scrutiny coming straight from an injury? His record outside Ban and Zim is pretty mediocre.
I know I said getting old wouldn't change me, but here I am defending Ian Bell. Ho hum.

A selection of his Test averages
NZ 36.87 (50.00 away)
Pak 68.80 (52.16 away)
SA 46.07 (44.71 away)
SL 43.50 (all away)
WI 41.12

He's never played Zimbabwe.

I know he has struggled against Australia and India, but we've missed him this summer, and he will be straight on the team sheet come Brisbane.

Sir Alex

Banned
I know I said getting old wouldn't change me, but here I am defending Ian Bell. Ho hum.

A selection of his Test averages
NZ 36.87 (50.00 away)
Pak 68.80 (52.16 away)
SA 46.07 (44.71 away)
SL 43.50 (all away)
WI 41.12

He's never played Zimbabwe.

I know he has struggled against Australia and India, but we've missed him this summer, and he will be straight on the team sheet come Brisbane.
Plesae don't get me wrong. I am a Bell fan actually. And I want him to do well. But I really doubt whether he'd survive the Ashes with that record against the Aussies. And esp considering he's coming straight from a layoff.

Perhaps I was harsh with that comment.. but I was indicating only he's been away for a while.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Plesae don't get me wrong. I am a Bell fan actually. And I want him to do well. But I really doubt whether he'd survive the Ashes with that record against the Aussies. And esp considering he's coming straight from a layoff.

Perhaps I was harsh with that comment.. but I was indicating only he's been away for a while.
You also said "his record outside Ban and Zim is mediocre", which is not a fair, or factually substantiated statement.