• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

brockley

International Captain
Symmo played for the gold caost,doubt they could get the numbers tho canberra,west sydney and geelong more likely.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Symmo played for the gold caost,doubt they could get the numbers tho canberra,west sydney and geelong more likely.
I'm happy with Canberra, but would you rather a team from Geelong or Darwin in a national comp?

I know Geelong would make it easier for Victorian fringe players to play for them, but I don't think it would be too hard to get the best of the rest to head up to Darwin for the tournament and it would help develop a largely untaped area of Australia.

Maybe I'm biased because I'm now living in the NT..

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With the expansion of the T20, I would much prefer to see an NT team in the comp before a second team is based in a region very close to a current base such as say the Gold Coast.
That's because you live there. :p

What's the best cricket ground there like? How many does it hold?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm happy with Canberra, but would you rather a team from Geelong or Darwin in a national comp?
Well it'd be interesting to see how many registered cricketers there were in Geelong compared to Darwin. Or indeed Victoria halved, compared to the Northern Territory.

brockley

International Captain
Went and studied the itinerries.

Watson,clarke,haddin and bollinger will have 2 first class and a one dayer,hussey and johnson 2 first class and a one dayer and ponting 2 first class games,before the first test in oz.

Of the others katich will play 6 sheffield shield,north 6 and hilfy 7 for tasmania before the shield final.They will play,katich 5 one dayers,north 6 and hilfy 7 one dayers for their state,not the final.Katich will play 5,north 5 and hilfy 4 kfc mathces,not including the finals.

Of the one day players white will play 6 ,marsh 6mhopes 5,mckay 6 and harris 5 one day domestic dayers +the final,first class games marsh 6,white 5,hopes 7,mckay 5 and harris 7 games and miss the final,kfc cupmarsh 3,white 3,hopes 2,harris 2 and mckay 3 games,no final.

Prime ministers xl is january 10,nsw and wa play the day before and tas and victoria the day after,most likely the pms xl will be mostly made up of qld and south australian players,+ the 3 big ones.

:wacko: That was a lot of work.

Last edited:

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
It is almost three years since Ricky Ponting last played a first class game for Tasmania. Interesting.

brockley

International Captain
Sport HOMEELECTIONBUSINESSSPORTLIFE + STYLEENTERTAINMENTTRAVELMOTORINGVIDEOREGIONALJOBSWEATHERAFLWAFLRugbyCricketSoccerBasketballTennisGolfMotorsportRacingMore SportTABSearch The West
SEARCHPerth [change] Mostly sunny
Max17° Min5° Malaysian warm-up for WarriorsThe West Australian
September 1, 2010, 7:28 am

Buzz up! Send

EmailIMShare

DeliciousTwitterMyspaceDiggStumble UponFacebookPrint
Reuters / PHILIP BROWN ©

WA have finalised two squads for pre-season tours to Malaysia later this month.

The Warriors will represent Cricket Australia at the inaugural Super Series T20 Cricket Tournament, staged from September 22-October 2, where they will compete against "A" teams from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, West Indies and Sri Lanka.

A squad of 26 will travel for a week-long pre-season tour, with 14 staying in Kuala Lumpur for the Super Series T20.

The Warriors will play preliminary matches against the other five teams in the tournament that sees the top four progress to the semifinals. The final is on Saturday, October 2.

Warriors captain Marcus North and vice-captain Adam Voges are among the 14 players chosen for the tournament, subject to the make-up of the Australian teams for the Test and one-day series against India next month.

"The tour of Malaysia provides us with a fantastic opportunity to gain vital match practice on the eve of the 2010-11 season and also strengthening morale within the Warriors squad," WA coach Mickey Arthur said.

Warriors super series squad: *Michael Beer, Liam Davis, Aaron Heal, Michael Hogan, Matt Johnston, Brad Knowles, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Ashley Noffke, Marcus North, Martin Paskal, Luke Pomersbach, Luke Ronchi, Adam Voges.

Warriors pre-season camp squad *: David Bandy, Tom Beaton, Jason Behrendorff, Brett Dorey, Ryan Duffield, Jake Fawcett, Marcus Harris, Michael Johnson, Steve Magoffin, Wes Robinson, Michael Swart, Luke Towers.
The west australian copyright.