• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2010/11

howardj

International Coach
Bludger of a day up here in Brisbane.

If they get much more than 20 overs, I'd be surprised.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looks as though the SA vs NSW match is going to be a tight encounter as we head into 'halftime'.

SA 4/96 vs NSW 3/65 from 14 overs - I'm tipping this season to be Henriques break out year where he finally lives up to his reputation. He's currently on 20 from 22 balls.

Looking forward to hearing match reports from the Adelaide boys on this forum.

Noble One

International Vice-Captain
What has David Warner done to deserve an Australian ODI call-up? Almost worth dropping from the NSW lineup last season, and a failure today. I see no improvement from the player who looked completely out of depth last time at international ODI level. I don't mind the selectors going with a squad of younger cricketers for India, but give those positions to kids who deserve to go.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Haddin made a duck batting at 4 on his comeback match for NSW :(

In fact all the younger high profile players have also failed this match...

Ferguson 12, Warner 7 and Khawaja 7

Good thing the oldies got some runs (Klinger 40 and Jaques 32)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For anyone who doesn't know, if you register with the australia cricket family (its free on cricket australias site) you can watch live streams of the Sheffield Shield matches this season. Looks to have all the matches lined up for it. Should be a good addition last year it only seemed to have the odd match and from mroe fixed cameras this seems to be filmed decently.
Awesome! You can watch the rain falling at the 'Gabba! :laugh:

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Solid win for the Redbacks today. The batting was decent with Klinger and Harris getting quickfire starts, Borgas and Manou also contributed some runs and O'Brien showed why he should be batting higher with a quickfire 46no. It was disapointing though that nobody went on to score bigger but it's still a good way to the start the season and build confidence.

The bowling was impressive IMO. Edmonson bowled really quickly and Putland bowled well to which is a big bonus for SA. Duval and O'Brien also bowled well and kept the pressure on which isn't easy when you are missing Shaun Tait and Peter George. I am looking forward to the announcement of the shield squad for monday.

NSW's big names didn't show up tonight with the bat. Warner, Khawaja, Haddin all had failures. Jacques looked solid in his knock and Maddison on debut played an excellent innings and it wasn't in his preferred position either. Bowling was solid for NSW, it was great to see Mark Cameron back firing them down and Clark looked fit and bowled well to.

Still don't know of what I think of this new format tbh.

Noble One

Edmonson a big pickup for South Australia. On his day can be unplayable. Hope he stays fit for the season. I know many of the SA posters worry about the depth of pace bowling in SA, Edmonson surely a great boost.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
What has David Warner done to deserve an Australian ODI call-up? Almost worth dropping from the NSW lineup last season, and a failure today. I see no improvement from the player who looked completely out of depth last time at international ODI level. I don't mind the selectors going with a squad of younger cricketers for India, but give those positions to kids who deserve to go.
I reckon its his recent T20I batting form over the past year that has tempted the selectors to give him an ODI call-up. He has got an x-factor about him & i believe the are going on a hunch that he can translate that into ODIs soon.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Finch without a doubt should be in the Australian T20 team. The Australian selectors are too braindead to realise domestic cricket has players like Finch ready-made for the format. They prefer to live in hope that Clarke may one day come good.
Yea. Watching Finch for the 1st time in the CL recently, it was stunning that a player like him exist & Clarke is still being ridiculously preferred.

AUS need a new selection panel ASAP..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haddin made a duck batting at 4 on his comeback match for NSW :(

In fact all the younger high profile players have also failed this match...

Ferguson 12, Warner 7 and Khawaja 7

Good thing the oldies got some runs (Klinger 40 and Jaques 32)
Solid win for the Redbacks today. The batting was decent with Klinger and Harris getting quickfire starts, Borgas and Manou also contributed some runs and O'Brien showed why he should be batting higher with a quickfire 46no. It was disapointing though that nobody went on to score bigger but it's still a good way to the start the season and build confidence.

The bowling was impressive IMO. Edmonson bowled really quickly and Putland bowled well to which is a big bonus for SA. Duval and O'Brien also bowled well and kept the pressure on which isn't easy when you are missing Shaun Tait and Peter George. I am looking forward to the announcement of the shield squad for monday.

NSW's big names didn't show up tonight with the bat. Warner, Khawaja, Haddin all had failures. Jacques looked solid in his knock and Maddison on debut played an excellent innings and it wasn't in his preferred position either. Bowling was solid for NSW, it was great to see Mark Cameron back firing them down and Clark looked fit and bowled well to.

Still don't know of what I think of this new format tbh.
I notice both of you have mentioned Khawaja as a big name/high profile player and he is no doubt but I think he's so far off from being close to the Australian One Day team. I'll be keeping an eye on his 4 day form though for sure.

brockley

International Captain
With huss and north on tenderhooks,a 100 by khwajah or ferguson could catapault them into the team.
BTW wouldn't be surprised if he hussey skips a game for WA,he is so known for doing it.

robelinda

I notice both of you have mentioned Khawaja as a big name/high profile player and he is no doubt but I think he's so far off from being close to the Australian One Day team. I'll be keeping an eye on his 4 day form though for sure.
Not really, his one day form has been average, his FC form is tons better, thats why he toured England with the Aussies earlier this year.

Sylvester

State Captain
NSW still very inconsistent, would have thought this was the season for them to stamp their authority again.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
Anyone else had any trouble with cricket australias live stream? Worked for me yesterday at work but both machines here at home just load cricket australias logo for the vics match.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Anyone else had any trouble with cricket australias live stream? Worked for me yesterday at work but both machines here at home just load cricket australias logo for the vics match.
Having the same problem myself. Don't worry, the CA will fix the technical problem soon enough. I'm just glad it's not just me that is having the problem.

Noble One

Massive opportunity for Hill to score runs this game. Needs to cement a spot in the side as he is a massive talent and hasn't really performed for Victoria yet. Western Australia bowling attack is very light on experience. When did Beer cross over to the West?

outbreak

First Class Debutant
looks like Jewell still has it. Rekon he'll keep playing despite retiring if he makes a big one today? Glad its not just me with the streaming issues. Oh well india v australia will start on fox soon anyway

Last edited: