• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it time James Anderson is dropped?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
That is partly because of the flat wickets and quick outfields.
So why do you criticise Anderson for what is a fairly good eco rate when you consider his wicket taking ability?

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
So why do you criticise Anderson for what is a fairly good eco rate when you consider his wicket taking ability?

:P good point!

but its prolly cos he was answerikng my earlier post

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
So people like Walsh, Ambrose, Garner, Gough, Pollock Marshall, Holding etc played when the first 15 over rule was in and they were very accurate.
I think that Walsh, Ambrose, Garner, Gough, Pollock, Marshall and Holding might just slip into a list of the 100 greatest bowlers of All-time...:rolleyes:

These are great bowlers! You can't compare someone like Anderson with them... as yet. No one is claiming that Anderson is a great bowler. He's a good young talent and his economy rate is acceptable for an up-and-coming youngster.

Last edited:

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
woah ive just noticed ive a healthy average of 4.85 posts per day which is not bad conisdering i was away on holiday for like a week or more.

But the top of the range is marc who has a stupenddous 14.??

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
gibbsnsmith said:
But the top of the range is marc who has a stupenddous 14.??
Nowhere near top I don't think.

However about 1 year ago, I was below 1,000 posts, so since then I'm about 25 or so.

Craig

World Traveller
Jay, can you please create a thread about this in off-tpoic. I will be interested in how much posts I make a day.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
I assume there's a typo here Liam?
Spotted.

I assume that I was going to say "is not that bad" and then changed my expression to "is acceptable" but did not fully edit. Thanks for pointing that out.