• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Road to India in South Africa - 2010-11

Sir Alex

Banned
In what could be a potential battle for World No.1 title between India and South Africa. While I think they could've made it a 4 test series, still 3 tests > 2 test series anyway.

India, has rightfully taken the mantle of World no.1 in ICC rankings after a run of wins in recent years, while SA has indeed been a worthy challenger, and some even consider them to be the top dog unofficially.

India has a point to prove. If they manage to win or atleast draw this series, one serious question asked about their potential to hold it big in traditionally their weakest venue would have been answered. South Africa just cannot afford yet another home disappointment after losing to Australia and drawn with England.

Am looking forward to this series in anticipation... Are you?

Sir Alex

Banned
Code:
Thu Dec 16 - Mon Dec 20
08:30 GMT | 10:30 local
14:00 IST 	1st Test - South Africa v India
SuperSport Park, Centurion 	

Sun Dec 26 - Thu Dec 30
14:00 IST 	2nd Test - South Africa v India
Kingsmead, Durban 	

Sun Jan 2 - Thu Jan 6
14:00 IST 	3rd Test - South Africa v India
Newlands, Cape Town 	

Sun Jan 9 	Only T20I - South Africa v India
Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban 	

Wed Jan 12 	1st ODI - South Africa v India
Kingsmead, Durban 	

Sat Jan 15 	2nd ODI - South Africa v India
New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg 	

Tue Jan 18 	3rd ODI - South Africa v India
Newlands, Cape Town 	

Fri Jan 21 	4th ODI - South Africa v India
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth 	

Sun Jan 23 	5th ODI - South Africa v India
SuperSport Park, Centurion

Shri

Mr. Glass
Backing Harbhajan to do well with the extra bounce seen on South African pitches. Hope Zaheer is fit for the series.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 5-0 thrashing last time in the ODIs was one of the low points of being an Indian fan but I'll gladly take it this time if it comes after a good result in the Tests.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Long way to go before we start thinking of this.. aren't we playing 2 Tests against Australia and 3 against NZ before that?

Sir Alex

Banned
Long way to go before we start thinking of this.. aren't we playing 2 Tests against Australia and 3 against NZ before that?
Yes, after those appetisers, come the real thing. :ph34r:

seriously, I can hardly wait for this series. Should be hotly contested. Backing our much maligned pacers to do well. And that is why I named this "Road to the...."

Sir Alex

Banned
Backing Harbhajan to do well with the extra bounce seen on South African pitches. Hope Zaheer is fit for the series.
Indeed.

My only prayer is that India don't forget the basics when they see a greentop with a raging Steyn at the other end. They indeed have the armoury to tacke any opposition anywhere but just lacks the mental strength.

Although the last few years of dominance must've boosted their self belief a lot.

weed wizard

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
doink

Yes the series is far away from now.

But yes ZAHEER , ISHANT should b ready to bend their back.
HARBHAJAN has lost his shine, MISHRA should b ryt man to use.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
We're gonna get thrashed good, imo. Would love for us to walk away with a drawn series, but I don't think it'll happen. The batting (read: SehWAG and boy wonder Sachin) surely won't prop us up all the time. Sreesanth's gone for good, need to see more to confirm that the last ODI was really a sort of revival for Ishant, Harbhajan will be steady without being spectacular, and a fit Zaheer is the only bankable entity for now. Graeme Smith probably hoping Zaheer doesn't play.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If the mooted reboot of the CW Awards has a "Most Passive Aggressive Thread Title" category (The Richard? :ph34r:) I think we can halt the search.

Hope Zak is fit for the tour; could make hay and be interesting to compare him to Steyn. Zaheer hooped it round corners up here in 2007.