• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oh dear, Surrey what have you done??

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It seems that the Surrey scouts are so bad (or cheap), that they have resorted to signing Franklyn Rose to replace Saqlain for the remainder of the season. Do you mean to tell me that the best option they could find is Frankyn Rose??

Keith Medlycott said, "He will bring some invaluable experience and quality to our bowling attack for our crucial remaining matches."

Sorry but I can't but smile at his delusions...

:)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well he was probably already in England. Wasn't Rose playing for Lashings?

He was probably the cheapest solution they had & he kinda paid off by removing Robert Key last night.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
well...6 or 7 other Countries lol.

But they'll get their chance, if he ever makes the England team again.

Bazza

International 12th Man
I was pretty stunned by this news. Surrey have many bowlers better than Franklyn Rose surely! Do they really need him for the sake of two games?

Actually, checking their site, Surrey only really have Azhar, Ormond, Tudor, Salisbury, Murtagh, plus the likes of Rikki and Hollioake and maybe a youngster. I think Tudor is injured, so I guess they needed to sign another player as cover.

But Franklyn Rose?!:lol:

Craig

World Traveller
I ask you, what was the point in signing another overseas cricket. Really I dont see the point in signing cricketer for only a couple of games.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
I ask you, what was the point in signing another overseas cricket. Really I dont see the point in signing cricketer for only a couple of games.
Is Franklyn Rose still considered a cricketer? He's really hasn't played alot of cricket recently.

Re: Surrey signing someone. I understand the move. They want to win, and last check, the CC race got pretty tight. However.... Franklyn Rose???

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I know Craig McMillan returned to NZ, but I believe that Chris Harris is still over in England.

I mean his FC average is like 45 or something so he couldn't do much harm with the bat, and of course in English conditions his bowling would have been ideal for his slow seamers.

And lets not forget he ain't that bad fielding at point either..lol.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Franklyn Rose was playing in a league around Newcastle...

I dont think he is too bad, they could have done worse, i guess its a case of who is nearby and available...

And i dont see anything wrong with hiring someone for two games! They are entitled to two overseas players, so whats the worry about how long they stick around for?

Craig

World Traveller
Chris Harris and Craig McMillan have eached played for Gloucestershire in one List A match against India A.

Judging by the way Surrey bowled in their match against Kent, they will need all the help they can get.

Rich2001

International Captain
Rose was a back up choice, they first went and asked B.Lee if he fancied a few games but the ACB refused to even let him consider the idea so they went for Rose as he was in the country at Lashings.