Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to now for Kenyan cricket?

Where to now for Kenyan cricket?

The future is looking bleak for Kenyan cricket. They might be on the verge of losing their ODI status and could well struggle for a spot in the 2015 WC and from there could we see the slow death of Kenyan cricket?

They put in some dismal performances at the WCL and deservedly took out last place. They've had issues with players going on strike over money (which involved players blackmailing the KC board) and having lost the chance to host the U19 WC due to being under prepared also noting that their U19 side have failed to make the last 3/4 U19 WC's.
    Fiji - The Homeland of Paradise and Rugby

International Vice-Captain
    The fact they haven't made the last 3/4 youth cups gotta effect your depth especially with players retiring.
    Also vital players missing from the team makes it uncompetitive.
    I think this will be their last world cup for a while,and soon they will lose their one day status they have 0 points on the one day table.
    I mean ireland and holland are mid 30's.

When assessing a smaller nation you have to look at structure and organisation. Unfortunately we all gave Kenya a huge amount of credit for a couple of good wins and a couple of good players. Again unfortunately, that is temporary and for a longtime Kenya has shown that it doesnt have the structures in place to have long term success.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Think losing the world youth cup is a worry,it was not so long ago they held the icc kncout cup,seems to have gone backwards.
    The players strike was infantile,the players should take what they can get games and money,because they are not setting the world on fire.
    Even holland,scotland and ireland have less players under contract,not sure of afghanistans position but they should be paid.
    Kenya still lacking enough game time against the big boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiji-Bati View Post
    (which involved players blackmailing the KC board)
    Read that as 'players blackmailing KFC' and was like wtf?

Reckon it's gone personally, will be a historical curiosity in years to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Reckon it's gone personally, will be a historical curiosity in years to come.
    Hate to say that I agree with that - imagine people in 10 years time really won't understand how they made the semis of 2003WC or beat the West Indies in 1996. REALLY glad they never got test status.

Banned
    Quite simply, cricket is not a popular sport in Kenya, and as a result this was always on the cards....

Steve Tikolo back in the frame for 2011 World Cup | Kenya Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Poor move by CK if they recall him. Very much past his best against quality bowling and only ever really brought a whole bunch of instablility to an already fragile team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Read that as 'players blackmailing KFC' and was like wtf?
    Racist
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

First Class Debutant
    Kenya need to look abroad and do all they can to get players such as Ragheb Aga and Seren Waters turning out for them on a regular basis.

At full strength they should be in the top 3 associates, not finishing last.

A team looking like this would be competitive.

Seren Waters
    David Obuya
    Collins Obuya
    Steve Tikolo
    Tanmay Mishra
    Alex Obanda
    Thomas Odoyo
    Ragheb Aga
    Nehemiah Odhiambo
    Peter Ongondo
    Hiren Varaiya.

Your extremely hopeful,alvarez except maybe tikolo,btw is tikolo and odoya playing in zimbabwe this domestic season.
    Kenya and afghanistan inter continetal,kenya already out of it,i am interested in the one dayers between the sides,afghanistan if win could go on the one day table,expect them to win asnd kenya to go negative on the one day table.

First Class Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Your extremely hopeful,alvarez except maybe tikolo,btw is tikolo and odoya playing in zimbabwe this domestic season.
    Kenya and afghanistan inter continetal,kenya already out of it,i am interested in the one dayers between the sides,afghanistan if win could go on the one day table,expect them to win asnd kenya to go negative on the one day table.
    I know that Tikolo is, however im not sure about Odoyo. Waters has been consistently making runs for Surrey 2nd XI, but always seems to be unavailable due to uni commitments.

Thanx,trying to follow any news of the zimby comp its interesting this year 2nd year of the franchises,could do with some more kenyan players to be honest,starts in september.

This is pretty embarrassing for me to admit, but it'll perhaps exemplify the state of Kenyan cricket.

When I saw this thread I seriously forgot Kenya was one of the better 'non-test' playing nations. So much so I had look up the 2003 World Cup results to confirm whether they were the African team I was thinking of that made the World Cup semi-finals.

Now I'm a pretty huge cricket fan, but they have completely slipped off the radar of any form of international cricket to the point that I had forgotten about them and their achievements.

I will state also that I felt so guilty afterwards I chucked in some Cricket 2002 on PS2 and played as Kenya
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information