• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The First express fast bowler from INDIA!!

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
luckyeddie said:
I'd never have guessed.
You forgot the "dude"

Anglo-American but even though I think Americans are mostly idiots, steriotyping them like that is a bit silly

Anyway, I could say "you Australians are so funny" but I won't, I'll just sit back and insult the Welsh instead...if you lived as close as I do to Wales you would understand :saint:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Why do you hate Wales? Or is it because you are rivals?
Hahaha, I don't hate Wales. It's a joke :P

Well I am annoyed with one part of Wales, which has my mobile phone and won't give it back. Damn busses.

Anyway back on topic...

Errrm...what was the topic? :lol: :lol: :lol:

masterblaster

International Captain
errm.....Munaf Patel.

Seriously though, this guy has no experience whatsoever, yet. He should be selected for his province, have a few good seasons and then India should see what he's made off.

Otherwise he's simpy another Yohannan.

Choora

State Regular
masterblaster said:
errm.....Munaf Patel.

Seriously though, this guy has no experience whatsoever, yet. He should be selected for his province, have a few good seasons and then India should see what he's made off.

Otherwise he's simpy another Yohannan.

Youhannan was a medium fast bowler, this new guy is said to be an express fast bowler(?).Though the guy haven't played much yet is getting so much publicity.Right now Munaf is meeting journalists only after an appointment!!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Choora said:
Youhannan was a medium fast bowler, this new guy is said to be an express fast bowler(?).Though the guy haven't played much yet is getting so much publicity.Right now Munaf is meeting journalists only after an appointment!!
And? What does that say about his ability to perform?

Choora

State Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And? What does that say about his ability to perform?
I was pointing out the dfference between the two individuals:rolleyes: . Munaf is just in the news only and only coz he can bowl fast(?), he hasn't played much till date so it's too early to say if he can deliver or not!

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Dont take things too literally. I was never really comparing pace here.

I just meant that Yohannan had only played a couple of games, was picked and then was a complete flop.

Despite Munaf having the pace, his career could turn out like Yohannan's if not nurtured properly.

Timing is everything in one's career.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I just meant that Yohannan had only played a couple of games, was picked and then was a complete flop.
Yohannan needs more exposure and practise.. i like his action , its real clean.. he just needs more guiding

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Considering the background that Patel comes from its unlikely that he's ever had proper coaching so its odds on he'll have problems with his action..either with the way he bowls or how his action is affecting his back.

I think I read that he's currently at the MRF Academy, so if he does have genuine pace then thats probably one of the best places a bowler could wish to be to fine tune their action.

Choora

State Regular
Tim said:
Considering the background that Patel comes from its unlikely that he's ever had proper coaching so its odds on he'll have problems with his action..either with the way he bowls or how his action is affecting his back.

I think I read that he's currently at the MRF Academy, so if he does have genuine pace then thats probably one of the best places a bowler could wish to be to fine tune their action.
Yes, MRF is a wonderful coaching institute. However i read that Munaf bowls at a speed of around 140KMP, thats hardly express fast, so all this news of Munaf being faster than Akhter and Lee is rubbish.
I think that Zaheer is still the fastest Indian pace bowler!

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
like duh!

A year ago he was reaching the heights of 145kph with ease but he has relaxed to gain more accuracy and control and i think good on him, just like Makhaya Ntini who faced the same situation to either become a fast med seam or a fast .
I think they both made the right choice! :)