• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's Best Young Talent

Fred Jr

Cricket Spectator
OK this is the idea - make up an XI of players (plus a 12th man if you like) that will probably make up a "World XI" in 8-10 years time. Pick one player from your XI who you think will be the biggest in a team full of stars. I'd be interested to see what everyone else's views are on the World's most promising young players.

My XI:

1. Graeme Smith (SA)
2. Jacques Rudolph (SA)
3. Yasir Hameed (Pak)
4. Michael Clarke (Aus)
5. Bilal Shafayat (Eng)
6. Mohammad Ashraful (Ban)
7. Parthiv Patel (Ind)
8. Harbhajan Singh (Ind)
9. Monde Zondeki (SA)
10. James Anderson (Eng)
11. Mohammad Sami (Pak)

12th man: Jermaine Lawson (WI)

Thoughts?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Ok ill have a go!

1.Graham Smith
2.Jacques Rudolph
3.Younis Khan
4.Ramnaresh Sarwan
5.Michael Clarke
6.Neil McKenzie
7.Mark Boucher
8.Harbhajan Singh
9.Shane Bond
10.Avishkar Salvi
11.Makhaya Ntini (wise old seamer by then)

12.Fidel Edwards

Isam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
my XI after 8-10 years would be:

Jaques Rudolph
Greame Smith
Micheal Clarke
Mohammad Ashraful
Ambati Rayudu
Tatenda Taibu
Collins Obuya
James Andersson
Jermaine Lawson
Mohammad Isam :P
Monde Zondeki

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Isam said:
my XI after 8-10 years would be:

Jaques Rudolph
Greame Smith
Micheal Clarke
Mohammad Ashraful
Ambati Rayudu
Tatenda Taibu
Collins Obuya
James Andersson
Jermaine Lawson
Mohammad Isam :P
Monde Zondeki
That is a long tail.

V Reddy

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I for one have no doubt that Kenya will have Test status within the next 10 years.
But they aren't being made to play any cricket :( :!( and after 1-2 yrs Tikolo and Odumbe will retire and maybe Suji too. After that you don't know whether they will degrade or improve

Mr Mxyzptlk

But that could be said of almost any team. When Gilchrist, McGrath, Hayden, Langer and Lehmann retire, Australia could improve or fall apart... you can never really be sure.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Jacques Rudolph said:
Ok ill have a go!

1.Graham Smith
2.Jacques Rudolph
3.Younis Khan
4.Ramnaresh Sarwan
5.Michael Clarke
6.Neil McKenzie
7.Mark Boucher
8.Harbhajan Singh
9.Shane Bond
10.Avishkar Salvi
11.Makhaya Ntini (wise old seamer by then)

12.Fidel Edwards
Shane Bond is not young I beleve he is 27-28. Possibly older.

Craig

World Traveller
Well they should be playing a lot of FC cricket with help with the ICC getting countries to send 'A' teams to Kenya and get match experience. Same applies with Bangladesh.

Bazza

International 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But that could be said of almost any team. When Gilchrist, McGrath, Hayden, Langer and Lehmann retire, Australia could improve or fall apart... you can never really be sure.
Yes but Australia are the best team in the world. Even if they decline they will still be strong or at the very least competitive. If Kenya decline from where they are, they will be worse than Bangladesh, which means they really shouldn't be playing test cricket.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Bazza said:
Yes but Australia are the best team in the world. Even if they decline they will still be strong or at the very least competitive. If Kenya decline from where they are, they will be worse than Bangladesh, which means they really shouldn't be playing test cricket.
We don't know that for sure. Cricket is a game of gloriuos uncertainties. Look at the West Indies, they were a excellent team up until the early 90's. At that point, Haynes ('94), Greenidge ('91), Richards ('91) , Dujon ('92), Marshall ('92) all bowed out around the same time. The West Indies then went into a rather sharp decline...

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Bond is 28, so he's no rookie anymore.

I reckon he'll be able to go another 3 years with his current pace & then maybe he'll either have to cut his run-up & aim for accuracy or his back will tell him its time to give it away.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Physically I think its easier for a batsmen to last longer than a bowler...I mean Wasim Akram tried to do it but during the last couple of years batsmen played him off fairly easily whereas Steve Waugh is still able to churn out the hundreds.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm amazed by Courtney Walsh. When he retired, he was still at the top of his game. I think he took 25 wickets (?) against SA in his final series.