Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World's Best Young Talent

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Kapali is 19.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Which is about 20 in the grand scheme of things.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

kapalis a pretty good talent....actually come to think of it, the subcontinet quartet have all got good upcoming players coming up...hameed, saleh, kaif, kapali..the name of a good young lankan escapes me for now...

Originally posted by gibbsnsmith
    hameed, saleh, kaif, kapali
    I rate Yuvraj higher than Kaif.

Re: Sri Lankan talent, Vandort looks a decent prospect.

International Debutant SpaceMonkey's Avatar
    Yuvraj will only ever be a good one day batsmen, i cant see him being a top Test player unlike Kaif.

Yuvraj was dropped from the Yorkshire team cos he was only averaging about 20 for them in a season which has favoured batting considerably.

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
    Yuvraj will only ever be a good one day batsmen, i cant see him being a top Test player unlike Kaif.

Yuvraj was dropped from the Yorkshire team cos he was only averaging about 20 for them in a season which has favoured batting considerably.
    Kaif has not impressed me. He's been very inconsistent. Yuvraj has been this way too, but I still rate him higher from what I've seen of him.

Note that I never said that I rate Yuvraj as a better Test batsmam per se. I just said that I rate him higher overall. I can't see Kaif being a top Test batsman, but I may well be wrong.

Tim
    Kaif & Yuvraj ain't that great...they've got a bit of talent but I wouldn't be surprised to see them overtaken by some of the Indian A or U19 players sooner or later.

They're in the side because they can field damn well..between them they can probably save about 20-30 runs a match & its well known that John Wright is a firm believer in saving runs in the field as much as scoring them with the bat.

Tim
    For Yorkshire, Yuvraj has played 7 FC matches (12 innings) and returned an average of 14.50..and the fact that he managed to score one fifty probably saved his average from going below 10.

Thats an incredibly poor return for an international player in County Cricket & I bet Yorkshire will be spewing with the amount of money they;re probably shelling out to him.

And in 9 OD matches he's only averaged 21.

But take into account the no of matches Yuvraj has won for India. He scored about 14 fifties and 1 hundred and in 14 matches out of 15 India has won and in all those matches he scored them when India was in trouble. The counties don't matter if he scores for India. Sachin too didn't have a great time either for Yorkshire.

Tim
    For starters his ODI average is just over 30 and he's only scored 1 century..to be fair to him he usually bats 5 or 6, but in 63 innings he's only had 10 not outs and thats not that great for a batsmen who bats that far down the order.

That does nothing to deter my opinion which was that Yuvraj is better than Kaif.

Tim
    Well are you talking in terms of averages? because I think Yuvraj has a better average than Kaif..otherwise you need to enlighten me as to why you think he's better.

Kaif has been wildly inconsistent for India ever since that amazing Natwest final. When I saw Kaif in the West Indies series, he looked quite unimpressive.

Over that same period of time, Yuvraj has scored a bit more consistently and more improtantly, has looked good doing so.

The batting of Yuvraj in the World Cup was really the thing that solidified my opinion.

4 of Kaif's 37 innings over the last year have combined for 361 unbeaten runs. In his 33 other innings, he has 462 runs at 16.

In that time, Yuvraj has scored 5 more fifties (8) as well as a total of 168 runs more than Kaif.

Tim
    I know Kaif played a good hand against NZ in the World Cup, but that was only after he was dropped twice.

Cricket Spectator

Back to Rudolph...

He opened in the 2nd SA innings of a tour match this summer after graeme smith put himself down the order to 6, i think he was tired after scoring a hundred in the first innings. Rudolph did well - i think he got a 50. ive seen him opening before, and he certainly seems to have some of the characteristics of an opener - his 222 unbeaten v bangla came at no 3, so hes proved he can bat that high up at least. i would also put ambati rayudu in there somewhere, i just forgot about him. Kapali looks a decent prospect, as does tapash baisya, isnt he only about 17 or something?
    England WC 2007

TrescothickVaughanFlintoffShafayatTroughtonClarkeR eadBattyAliBresnanAnderson

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information