• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Too much cricket destroying current fast bowling generation, says Michael Holding

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Too much cricket destroying current fast bowling generation, says Michael Holding - Sport - DNA

West Indian fast bowling legend Michael Holding reckons that too much cricket is destroying the current fast bowling generation.

Holding also said that the Pakistani fast bowling trio of Mohammad Aamer, Mohammad Asif and Umar Gul were better suited to English conditions than the pitches in Pakistan.

“I think they (Pakistan) have a pretty good pace attack right now. Aamer, Asif and Gul are three good fast bowlers, but they’re more effective in the conditions here in England than they would be under the conditions back home in Pakistan,” Cricistan.com quoted Holding, as saying.

“That’s because none of them bowl extremely fast anymore. The two older fellows, well I say older in quotations because they’re not yet 30, have slowed down considerably due to the amount of cricket that they’ve played,” he added.

Holding went on to express his concern about Aamer being able to sustain his pace.

“I think Aamer is one for the future, but it depends on how much cricket he plays. Someone that young, 18 years old, with the workload he has ahead of him. Who knows how long he’ll last,” Holding said.