• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isaac appointment confirmed

blahblahblah

International 12th Man
Alan Isaac has been confirmed as the vice-president of the International Cricket Council following a selection process which saw former Australia prime minister John Howard rejected for the post.

Isaac, from New Zealand, is then set to succeed Sharad Pawar as ICC president in 2012 after winning the backing of Australia and also his home country. Australia and New Zealand had originally put forward Howard for the post of vice-president but his nomination was rejected by several member countries.

As a compromise New Zealand Cricket and Cricket Australia then got behind Isaac and he has now won the backing of the ICC.

Pawar said: "I am delighted to announce that Alan Isaac's nomination for the role of ICC vice-president was unanimously endorsed by the ICC executive board and the full ICC council, by circular resolution, has also approved the recommendation of the board.

"I am looking forward to working with Alan as we now set out to continue improving the ICC's image and reputation.

"I know that Alan is a highly-respected cricket administrator having contributed significantly to New Zealand Cricket as well as the ICC."

Isaac is an ICC director who succeeded Sir John Anderson as chairman of New Zealand Cricket in 2008 after playing for Wellington and captaining the second XI.

A businessman and corporate governance practitioner, he retired as chairman of KPMG in New Zealand in 2006 after 35 years with the company.

He said: "It is a great honour and privilege to be confirmed as the ICC vice-president. I am looking forward to serving our great sport at international level and protecting the primacy of international cricket."

The ICC had rejected Howard's nomination by Australia and New Zealand after it only won the backing of England, with India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, South Africa, West Indies and Zimbabwe being against.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Was interviewed on SEN radio.

Made some great points, particularly when quizzed about whether he believes the BCCI have too much influence.

Don't know much about him though. 10 years as head of KPMG NZ obviously a notable point on his CV.