• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cam White :o

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Cameron White has been appointed skipper for the Bushrangers ING team

youngest skipper for Victoria in 152 years

quite a shock from my point of view, i think Elliot would be disappointed

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
IMO a stupid decision. There are many players who are better and would be better captains for the team.:(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Cameron White captained Australia at the last U19 World Cup in NZ didn't he?

maybe they've decided that they should give him some experience early on before he goes on to the bigger stage of international cricket.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't have thought he was a constant pick. They could be put in the same position as Bangladesh, ie their captain not being good enough to hold his place in the side.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Quite a shock! Surely he wouldnt be an automatic fixture in the side, especially at Perth where spin is a bit obselete...

Eclipse

International Debutant
I would not be to concerned about his performances.

He is a good batsman as well an in Time I could see him batting in the top 4 for Victoria.

Having said that he is being picked on his natrual talent not on his performances witch can be risky.

roofromoz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Good luck to the Bushrangers with their choice. Looking to the future.

Matt Elliot or Darren Berry will be their Pura Cup captain.

I rate White as a player... nearly made the World Cup squad if my memory is correct.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
roofromoz said:
I rate White as a player... nearly made the World Cup squad if my memory is correct.
Which World Cup?

Not the one we've just had surely, he's not played an ODI yet has he?!