• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broad cops up a bit of trouble.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
"Knowing Broady as I do, he certainly didn't have any malice behind it - and he can't throw the ball hard enough to hurt anyone anyway"
Swann puts things in perspective.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact that Swann allows himself to be put in a position where he can be quoted on the issue speaks volumes for what he's got between his ears

Scaly piscine

So where's the fuss over this:

Mohammad Asif to Collingwood, no run, defended back to the bowler... who picks the ball up in his follow through and hurls it back just over Collingwood's head to the 'keeper. Not quite in the spirit, but at least Pakistan are standing up and taking the fight to England

Howsie

International Captain
So where's the fuss over this:
Please.

You'd expect Broad to get some sort of fine for his behaviour yesterday, not just because of the Haider incident but he still continues not to acknowledge the umpire when going up for an appeal, after numerous warnings you'd hope that they would nail the prick finally. It will be interesting to see whether or not anything comes of the Haider incident though, if he wasn't trying to hit Haider I'd love to know what he was actually trying to achieve as that lob wasn't going to get anywhere near Prior.

Scaly piscine

Please.

You'd expect Broad to get some sort of fine for his behaviour yesterday, not just because of the Haider incident but he still continues not to acknowledge the umpire when going up for an appeal, after numerous warnings you'd hope that they would nail the prick finally. It will be interesting to see whether or not anything comes of the Haider incident though, if he wasn't trying to hit Haider I'd love to know what he was actually trying to achieve as that lob wasn't going to get anywhere near Prior.
This sort of chucking the ball towards the stumps/batsman/keeper happens pretty often. As far as Broad is concerned he has a clean record there, which is why he'll get a fine instead of a ban. That's why the not acknowledging the umpire thing is irrelevant because it's treated separately by the ICC, it only matters if you're trying to build a case that he's a bit of a tit. But then I think Mr. Asif more than trumps Broad there anyway.

Last edited:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm a Broad fan, but he really needs to stop doing this. Especially as he's not really trying to run him out - he never hits the stumps.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This sort of chucking the ball towards the stumps/batsman/keeper happens pretty often.
Haha, bollocks. Towards, near or over the batter is one thing but at the batter should be penalised.

What a douche.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Said the same when it happened.Because it's Broad people have reacted to it,but surely if Broad was fined for it Asif should as well.
Seriously??...its the same to hit the batsman and hurling the ball over his head...that's the same thing for you??

Anyway...Broad did end up apologizing right at the spot...so i don't think things need to be taken too far....

As a bowler i know you feel a bit irritated and you end up doing dumb things...

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Has anyone watched the Asif incident, I would like to see the resemblence between the two incidents. This should be clearly unacceptable and Broad should be banned for at least 5 games for this.