• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broad cops up a bit of trouble.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
His rather insincere apology was what came across worst to me. Was as though he's hit the batsman from point when he's trying to hit the stumps at the bowler's end, and it was all just an accident and he wasn't doing anything wrong.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
About time Broad was done,could and should have been a harsher punishment though as he has got away with too many incidents.

chicane

State Captain
Atleast Harbhajan, Sreesanth, Nel, Symonds etc. can be funny. Broad is just a ****, thats all.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In breaking news - Broad's a ****.

Goes part way to justifying Australian claims that he has one too.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Love Broad. Should be banned/fined though, regardless of it being his first offence of 'malice'.

The comments under that article are disgraceful. The racism and claiming of victimisation in cricket is killing off my passion for the sport very quickly.

EDIT: Haha.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Should have been banned.

Threw it straight at Haider in frustration and there was no way he could have got out of the way.
Could have seriously injured his ribs or his wrists too.

Jacknife

International Captain
Seriously??...its the same to hit the batsman and hurling the ball over his head...that's the same thing for you??

Anyway...Broad did end up apologizing right at the spot...so i don't think things need to be taken too far....

As a bowler i know you feel a bit irritated and you end up doing dumb things...
The only difference between the 2 was that Colly managed to dodge out of the way,so don't give me this one went over his head business business,the intent of both bowlers was exactly the same.Broad should get fined but there is no excuse no treating both situations the same.