• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Broad cops up a bit of trouble.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Lol. I don't see him abusing any member of the forum in the post. Don't see what the problem is with calling a **** a ****.
I think Matt is saying the problem is with implying Broad thinks it's funny to try and kill someone with his actions. No problem with getting worked up about the situation, I understand that, but I think we can do without it going that far.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Thats just unnecessary moderating. We don't need mods butting in and asking us to do something when nothing is wrong with how the discussion is progressing. No forum rules were broken in this instance either.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Mods and staff need to be wary of libel though.

Not saying it was, but they're just being cautious.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Oi oi, now if I have done something wrong then I'm sorry for it but to be honest you need to know when enough is enough. Ok calling him a bumhole was innappeopriate but then again so was what he'd done. The ball he threw was potentially dangerous airgo the exaggeration. THAT is it, nothing else. No more further discussion for mods or anyone else, it's all good now!:cool:

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Thats just unnecessary moderating. We don't need mods butting in and asking us to do something when nothing is wrong with how the discussion is progressing. No forum rules were broken in this instance either.
This. Overexuberance FTW.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Oi oi, now if I have done something wrong then I'm sorry for it but to be honest you need to know when enough is enough. Ok calling him a bumhole was innappeopriate but then again so was what he'd done. The ball he threw was potentially dangerous airgo the exaggeration. THAT is it, nothing else. No more further discussion for mods or anyone else, it's all good now!:cool:
The point is calling him whatever you called him is not inappropriate since he is not a member around here. We have all taken turns in calling players like Harbhajan, Sreesanth, Afridi etc far worse things in the past.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I wasn't giving anyone a specific warning, just pointing out that it was preferable to keep the thread constructive and that a few posts were moving away from that. I'd rather say something mild early than have to hand out warnings/bans later on. But agree with Slowfinger, it's all good, let's move on.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Still haven't seen footage of Broad hurling the ball at the batsman, but sounds pretty unedifying.

What really gets my goat is his continued "wicket-taking" celebrations without turning to ask the umpire. God, it annoys me. You've been told, repeatedly, to stop, so stop. I don't have precisely zero patience with the "he's white / English / the son of a match referee" conspiracy theorists, but it's really time someone handed him a fine for that.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still haven't seen footage of Broad hurling the ball at the batsman, but sounds pretty unedifying.

What really gets my goat is his continued "wicket-taking" celebrations without turning to ask the umpire. God, it annoys me. You've been told, repeatedly, to stop, so stop. I don't have precisely zero patience with the "he's white / English / the son of a match referee" conspiracy theorists, but it's really time someone handed him a fine for that.
YouTube - Broad throws ball at Zulqarnain Haider

andyc

So have plenty of the Aussie side of the last 20 years but you are right Broad is a ****.:laugh:
flibbertyjibber, you've been warned, and banned in the past for trying to get a rise out of members, specifically Australian ones, but you still seem intent on trying to involve Australia and Australian members when they've got nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Consider this a final warning; cut it out or you'll be banned again.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
flibbertyjibber, you've been warned, and banned in the past for trying to get a rise out of members, specifically Australian ones, but you still seem intent on trying to involve Australia and Australian members when they've got nothing to do with the discussion at hand. Consider this a final warning; cut it out or you'll be banned again.
So an Australian can comment on an Englishman and make insults with no comeback and that is fine is it.What a crock of ****.

andyc

So an Australian can comment on an Englishman and make insults with no comeback and that is fine is it.What a crock of ****.
Can't believe I'm explaining myself here, but not everything is about one country vs. another. Like Marcuss said, this is a thread about Stuart Broad; hence, people are talking about Stuart Broad. When you randomly bring up Australian cricketers in a thread completely unrelated to them, it looks remarkably like you're trolling again.

If you still aren't happy with the warning feel free to leave a message on my wall, but any other posts on the matter in here will be deleted so as to avoid dragging this conversation any more off topic.