• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* WCL - Global Div 4, Italy 2010

Predict 2 teams who could qualify? (Pls select min & max of 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Table:
Cayman Islands (25)
Argentina (26)
Italy (27)
Tanzania (28)
Nepal (29)
USA (30)

Squads:
Argentina: Esteban MacDermott (Capt), Grant Dugmore, Agustin Casime, Alejandro Ferguson, Pablo Ferguson, Donald Forrester, Tomas Francis, Carlos Gibson, Diego Lord, Lucas Paterlini, Matias Paterlini, Pablo Ryan, Gary Savage, Martin Siri

Cayman Islands: Saheed Mohamed (Capt), Pearson Best, Ryan Bovell, Kervin Ebanks, Paul Chin, Marlon Byran, Ricardo Roach, Jaylon Linton, Abali Hoilett, Conroy Wright, Alassandra Morris, Kevin Bazil, Ramon Sealy, Ronald Ebanks.

Italy: Alessandro Bonora (Capt), Roshendra Suroshan Abewickrama, Din Alaud, Dilan Shameera Fernando, Damien Crowley, Gayashan Munasinghe, Thushara Kurukulasuriya, Damian Fernando, Andrew Northcoste, Nicholas Northcote, Hayden Patrizi, Peter Petricola, Michael Raso, Stanly Hemantha.

Nepal: Paras Kadka (Capt), Gyanendra Malla, Shakti Gauchan, Sharad Vesawkar, Mahesh Kumar Chhetri, Anil Kumar Mandal, Amrit Battarai, Basant Regmi, Binod Kumar Das, Sanjam Regmi, Rahul Kumar Vishwakarma, Mahaboob Alam, Manjeet Shrestha, Pradeep Airee.

Tanzania: Hamzi Abdallah (Capt), Abhik Patwa, Hasnain Damji, Khalil Rehemtulla, Seif Khalifa, Riziki Kiseto, Kassim Nassoro, Issa Kikasi, Enjo Kiongozi, Shaheed Danani, Rashidi Amiri, Benson Mwita, Harsh Ramaiya, Ally Kimote.

USA: Steve Massiah (Capt), Muhammad Asad Ghous, Steven Taylor, Rashard Marshall, Sushil Nadkarni, Timroy Allen, Orlando Baker, Carl Wright, Aditya Thyagarajan, Adrian Gordon, Lennox Cush, Khawaja Usman Shuja, Kevin Darlington, Nasir Javed.

Fixtures:
Aug 14th:
Match 01: Italy v Cayman Islands, Medicina
Match 02: USA v Nepal, Pianoro
Match 03: Argentina v Tanzania, Bologna

Aug 15th:
Match 04: Argentina v Cayman Islands, Medicina
Match 05: Italy v Nepal, Pianoro
Match 06: USA v Tanzania, Bologna

Aug 16th
:
Rest Day

Aug 17th:
Match 07: Nepal v Tanzania, Medicina
Match 08: Italy v Argentina, Pianoro
Match 09: USA v Cayman Islands, Bologna

Aug 18th:
Match 10: Italy v USA, Medicina
Match 11: Tanzania v Cayman Islands, Pianoro
Match 12: Argentina v Nepal, Bologna

Aug 19th:
Rest Day

Aug 20th:
Match 13: Nepal v Cayman Islands, Medicina
Match 14: USA v Argentina, Pianoro
Match 15: Italy v Tanzania, Bologna

Aug 21st:
Match 16: 5th Place Playoff - TBC v TBC, Bologna
Match 17: 3rd Place Playoff - TBC v TBC, Medicina
Match 18: Final - TBC v TBC, Pianoro

(Both finalists qualify for WCL - Global Div 3, Hong Kong 2011):thumbup:

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
So here is the day guys... The Journey continues for few while begins for others.

Who do u think will win today?

My prediction:
USA
Italy
Tanzania

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
I would love for the US to win but I think it's gonna be Napal Italy and Argentina tomorrow. USA I see finishing one of two ways: 4-1 and in the Final, or 2-3 and beating the Cayman Islands for 4th place to avoid relegation.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
I would love for the US to win but I think it's gonna be Napal Italy and Argentina tomorrow. USA I see finishing one of two ways: 4-1 and in the Final, or 2-3 and beating the Cayman Islands for 4th place to avoid relegation.
I don't think they are as bad as fighting for relegation. I will be disappointed if they end up anywhere other than top 2.

jashan83

U19 Captain
WCL Div 4 Starts Today

Today WCL Div 4 starts. The 6 teams are
1. Nepal:- Winner of Div 5, they are deemed to be the favourite
2. USA:- After playing in Champions trophy 5 years ago and then due to fighting in USACA and suspension many are hoping for US to strike back to top places in associate's. Even ICC are hoping for the same. They were runners up in Div 5 and promoted to Div 4
3. Italy:- Are the hosts. Last time were 3rd in Div 4 hence stay in Div 4
4. Tanzania:- Lone team from Africa, last time were 4th in Div 4 hence stayed in Div 4
5. Argentina:- At heights reached Div 2, but from there lost all matches in Div 2 to be relegated to Div 3. Then again lost all matches in Div 3 to now play in Div 4
6. Cayman Islands:- When US were suspended they were fortunate to take their place from Americas, but have lost in Div 3 to be relegated back to Div 4.

Nepal and US are the clear cut favorites and I hope both of them reach Div 3 to qualify for WCQ. best of luck

jashan83

U19 Captain
Nepal will win. Look at the other match. Argentina is also scoring at a slower rate itself. I hope Italy Cayman game does not get washed away

jashan83

U19 Captain
A brash statement for a Nepal team only managing 36 runs through 1/4 of their innings.
Respecting ur statement dude but I am pretty sure that these will be low scoring matches. 180 190 on board can be defended. These are not natural turf wickets but astro turf wickets. Thous out of six I support both Nep & US and want both of them through, but for this match I am supporting my neighbors Nepal. And I am sure they ll win :)

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Respecting ur statement dude but I am pretty sure that these will be low scoring matches. 180 190 on board can be defended. These are not natural turf wickets but astro turf wickets. Thous out of six I support both Nep & US and want both of them through, but for this match I am supporting my neighbors Nepal. And I am sure they ll win :)
No doubt 180 can be defended, but they didn't look to well on pace to make those. That is before Baker came into the spell. Bloody man was never good at bowling. D/L would change a lot now at 51/2 as well. Might just tip the balance beyond what the USA can weight down on Nepal.

laksh_01

State Vice-Captain
Bad luck for today's matches. Anyways guess they will be replayed on Monday.

Prediction for tomorrow's matches:
Nepal (Very tough choice, definitely Italy is no walk through)
Argentina
USA