Cricket Betting Site Betway

Thread: HELP NEEDED - does anyone know....

Cricket Spectator

HELP NEEDED - does anyone know....

...where I can get a video or DVD (this will probably only be relevant to UK cricket fans) of the match between Surrey and Glamorgan in last year's C&G when Ali Brown smacked 268, or even just of Brown's innings? I missed the match at the time, and now feel strangely compelled to watch it having loved every second of Fred Flintoff's 142 at Lord's. Makes a change to see an English batsman scoring runs that quickly! Thanks to anyone who can help.
    England WC 2007

TrescothickVaughanFlintoffShafayatTroughtonClarkeR eadBattyAliBresnanAnderson

Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Rik
    Check in the CricketWeb store, if you buy anything from there CricketWeb get some of the commission. If not then check the net. In the store there is a DVD of Nathan Astle's 222, which I missed due to Ch4 not even showing highlights :!( :!( :!( :!(

Might get it sometime!
    "Age is just a stupid number"

20...that's a rather big number :(:(:(

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rik
    In the store there is a DVD of Nathan Astle's 222, which I missed due to Ch4 not even showing highlights :!( :!( :!( :!(
    What about the BBC and ITV and Channel 5?

None of them showed the highlights either, so why just have a go at one station?

They have a limited budget, so have to decide what is going to make money and attract audiences - Tests played on the other side of the World will never do that because the highlights cannot be shown near enough to the end of play for people to not have seen the key bits on the news or read or heard what has gone on, thus they wouldn't tune in.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    What about the BBC and ITV and Channel 5?

None of them showed the highlights either, so why just have a go at one station?

They have a limited budget, so have to decide what is going to make money and attract audiences - Tests played on the other side of the World will never do that because the highlights cannot be shown near enough to the end of play for people to not have seen the key bits on the news or read or heard what has gone on, thus they wouldn't tune in.
    Interisting how you read one comment and then go off about something else! Marc, seriously, calm down, breath slowly, and stop getting the wrong end of the stick! If I was having a go at Ch4 then I would have made it slightly more obvious than just saying I didn't see his innings because of the lack of highlights and a few annoyed faces! Marc, please realise there are some posts that are not needed, and this was not. Hell I shouldn't even be needing to explain myself at the moment!
    Last edited by Rik; 02-09-2003 at 04:30 PM.

You specifically moaned about Channel 4 not showing highlights of the NZ series, yet there are 4 terrestial TV channels in England, and none of the others showed it either, so why just complain about 1 station?

Originally posted by Rik
    Marc, please realise there are some posts that are not needed, and this was not.
    So why did you post it then?

Rik
    Originally posted by marc71178
    You specifically moaned about Channel 4 not showing highlights of the NZ series, yet there are 4 terrestial TV channels in England, and none of the others showed it either, so why just complain about 1 station?
    I didn't moan, I showed my annoyance. There is a difference.

International Vice-Captain
    Can you two guys please shut up! please?:saint:

Rik
    Originally posted by Mr. Ponting
    Can you two guys please shut up! please?:saint:
    I gladly will, it's not only all this constant arguing which is doing my head in.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Egad! The thread count is at 3! You two are serial thread-killers!
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

The...er...Twitter[/SIZE][/CENTER]

Re: HELP NEEDED - does anyone know....

Originally posted by Fred Jr
    ...where I can get a video or DVD (this will probably only be relevant to UK cricket fans) of the match between Surrey and Glamorgan in last year's C&G when Ali Brown smacked 268, or even just of Brown's innings? I missed the match at the time, and now feel strangely compelled to watch it having loved every second of Fred Flintoff's 142 at Lord's. Makes a change to see an English batsman scoring runs that quickly! Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Try Cricket Web, cricinfo.com or just go to google.

Good luck!
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Thread Information