• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HELP NEEDED - does anyone know....

Fred Jr

Cricket Spectator
...where I can get a video or DVD (this will probably only be relevant to UK cricket fans) of the match between Surrey and Glamorgan in last year's C&G when Ali Brown smacked 268, or even just of Brown's innings? I missed the match at the time, and now feel strangely compelled to watch it having loved every second of Fred Flintoff's 142 at Lord's. Makes a change to see an English batsman scoring runs that quickly! Thanks to anyone who can help.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Check in the CricketWeb store, if you buy anything from there CricketWeb get some of the commission. If not then check the net. In the store there is a DVD of Nathan Astle's 222, which I missed due to Ch4 not even showing highlights :!( :!( :!( :!(

Might get it sometime!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Rik said:
In the store there is a DVD of Nathan Astle's 222, which I missed due to Ch4 not even showing highlights :!( :!( :!( :!(
What about the BBC and ITV and Channel 5?

None of them showed the highlights either, so why just have a go at one station?

They have a limited budget, so have to decide what is going to make money and attract audiences - Tests played on the other side of the World will never do that because the highlights cannot be shown near enough to the end of play for people to not have seen the key bits on the news or read or heard what has gone on, thus they wouldn't tune in.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
What about the BBC and ITV and Channel 5?

None of them showed the highlights either, so why just have a go at one station?

They have a limited budget, so have to decide what is going to make money and attract audiences - Tests played on the other side of the World will never do that because the highlights cannot be shown near enough to the end of play for people to not have seen the key bits on the news or read or heard what has gone on, thus they wouldn't tune in.
Interisting how you read one comment and then go off about something else! Marc, seriously, calm down, breath slowly, and stop getting the wrong end of the stick! If I was having a go at Ch4 then I would have made it slightly more obvious than just saying I didn't see his innings because of the lack of highlights and a few annoyed faces! Marc, please realise there are some posts that are not needed, and this was not. Hell I shouldn't even be needing to explain myself at the moment!

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
You specifically moaned about Channel 4 not showing highlights of the NZ series, yet there are 4 terrestial TV channels in England, and none of the others showed it either, so why just complain about 1 station?

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
You specifically moaned about Channel 4 not showing highlights of the NZ series, yet there are 4 terrestial TV channels in England, and none of the others showed it either, so why just complain about 1 station?
I didn't moan, I showed my annoyance. There is a difference.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. Ponting said:
Can you two guys please shut up! please?:saint:
I gladly will, it's not only all this constant arguing which is doing my head in.

Craig

World Traveller
Fred Jr said:
...where I can get a video or DVD (this will probably only be relevant to UK cricket fans) of the match between Surrey and Glamorgan in last year's C&G when Ali Brown smacked 268, or even just of Brown's innings? I missed the match at the time, and now feel strangely compelled to watch it having loved every second of Fred Flintoff's 142 at Lord's. Makes a change to see an English batsman scoring runs that quickly! Thanks to anyone who can help.
Try Cricket Web, cricinfo.com or just go to google.

Good luck!