• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Howsie

International Captain
Yeah, Daniel Flynn was seriously impressive today. I managed to head down to Seddon Park to catch the action after lunch, soooo glad I did.

Flynn was on 170 odd during the break and brought up his 200 about five minutes after lunch. His first ball after lunch against Neil Wagner and what was basically a brand new ball he hit over mid-off for a one bounce four, Wagner's third ball of that over was a short ball which Flynn pulled for six over deep square leg, Wagner's sixth ball was again short and again it was hit for six over square leg. His second over after lunch was even worse, first ball short and wide and Flynn hit's it over the gully region for four, the second ball is a half volley and Flynn smashed it straight back over his head for four, the fourth ball is another half volley and this time Flynn picks it up and whacks it over mid wicket for a six to bring up his 200.

Wagner was taken off after that over iirc, or maybe it was after his third. But he was seriously pissed anyway. He and Craig Cumming got into an argument over the field that was set (Cumming wanted a certain fielder on the boundary and Wagner didn't). It was pretty heated though and Cumming told him he can "**** off if he's going to behave like a spoiled child" It was all rather amusing it must be said.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Auckland are going to fall short again. 31 runs needed and 9 down, with the Marto just coming to the crease.

Howsie

International Captain
Schoolboy Joey Walker is making his first class debut for Northern today, replacing Jono Boult by the looks of things.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
When will Milne play? :@

EDIT: Nice to see Redmond with twin tons, however. So much ability.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Did I read somewhere that PEWS said that Gillespie was better than McKay? If so, lololololololol

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yaaaargh! Curse you Derek de Boorder!

In other news, That Henry dude is really ruining Northern's ****.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
I don't think we have much chance any more :(

Good day for the de Boorder brothers though! One of whom I was at school with :)

Mike5181

International Captain
Derek De Border is officially a black cap wicket keeper contender. With that century he now has an average of 41.94 and is only 25 years old. He can't be that bad considering the Wellington bowling line up contained 5 former black caps Mckay, Gillespie, Patel, Woodcock and Elliot.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
If Young doesn't do well in his next few tests, then we could potentially see him around the team :)