• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Great finish here. What happens if it's a tie? Do Canterbury win the comp by virtue of being the top qualifier?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Wow, that must have been some innings to watch from Vincent.

Vincent in with a chance of getting back into the Black Caps post World Cup would you say?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nicol was pretty unlucky to miss out.

His 50-over stats this season have been handy, to say the least. From 9 matches:

648 runs @ 72.00 (2 centuries, 5 fifties)
15 wickets @ 23.00

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Plunket shield starts up again today. **** why aren't Milne or Wheeler playing for Central? It's irritating that two such promising young quicks are getting so little game time this season. Gah.

Good to see Wellington have a half decent bowling attack for a change. What do people think of Mark Gillespie? If he gets back into form for Wellington, do you think he should be on the winter tour to Bangladesh ahead of some of the younger bowlers?

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Would be reluctant to pick Gillespie again unless he absolutely kills it. Too inconsistent and too injury prone.

Wheeler and Milne not playing grinds my gears. Wheeler could be injured, but Milne is 12th man so he must be available.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would be reluctant to pick Gillespie again unless he absolutely kills it. Too inconsistent and too injury prone.
I was never a big fan but I'd consider him for Tests if he could string some games together. He has a killer FC record, particularly in the last few seasons (whenever he's been on the park) and he adds a bit of pace and aggression the others lack. I'd prefer him to Bennett or McKay if he was fully fit; that's for sure. Bowls too many pies for one day cricket though IMO.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member

Wheeler and Milne not playing grinds my gears. Wheeler could be injured, but Milne is 12th man so he must be available.
He was playing in the Hawke Cup on Sunday (where he took a 5fer), so it would've had to be a very recent injury.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Wheeler's friend on another forum said:
Talking to Ben atm, he says he's still not fit enough, said he should be back for the Canterbury game in a few weeks.
Injury the only reason he's not playing, thankfully.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Auckland in trouble at 134/5 as Jimmy Neesham strides to the crease. Score some runs Jimmeh.

Also, Timmy Mac doesn't seem to be playing for Auckland today.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Good hundy for de Boorder. He's been a bit disappointing so far this season, so I hope this helps kick things off for him.