• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why can't Elliott come out of the blocks playing shots like this in NZ colours?

Flem274*

123/5
Wellington starting to put together a handy side. Who would you have at full strength?

Pollard
Ryder
Birt
Franklin
Elliott
Rhodes
Woodcock
Smelly
Lee
Gillespie
McKay

For mine.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Wellington starting to put together a handy side. Who would you have at full strength?

Pollard
Ryder
Birt
Franklin
Elliott
Rhodes
Woodcock
Smelly
Lee
Gillespie
McKay

For mine.
It tike Wright for his potentially useful medium pacers over Birt, but otherwise, yeah.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Birt was a one (or two) game wonder. Nevin in for Smellie on current form - presuming your team is for 20:20. Not a fan of Rhodes either really.

And not Luke Wright at the moment as his efforts have been poor so far.

Last edited:

HeathDavisSpeed

Fair fielder, is Hira.
Yeah, he's looked top class in the field, and decent with the bat. Bowled poorly with the slippery ball.

Wellington letting this one slip now with some silly six hitting attempts by Rhodes & Nevin which weren't required.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe Wellington are going to lose this. Still at least I've got my excuse ready made. It is ****ing pitch black out there.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Poor effort from Wellington to lose but **** me, how in god's name was that match allowed to continue?

HeathDavisSpeed

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

.a duck.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Only just watched the match as I recorded it earlier. I have to say that the players (and indeed umpires) should be commended for completing the match with such dying light, and giving the spectators value for coming to the ground to watch the game. I do wonder how likely the match would've been to continue had Lee been bowling in the later stages of the second innings though.

As for Wellington, thats essentially four competition points thrown away - I realise Woodcock was struggling to hit the ball in the final over with poor light but after he missed the second delivery I couldn't believe they didn't contemplate running a bye and at least giving Elliott the opportunity to get on strike, even if it risked his wicket. At the same time, a great effort from Bates; thats now two matches in a row where hes been asked to bowl the final over and hes won for his side on both occasions.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yahoo, Corey Anderson is back! Be interesting to see if he has a bowl today, or whether he's playing as a batsman for the moment.

Oop, they've just answered that, he's playing as a batsman. Looks like he's put on a bit of puppy fat over the winter as well.

Last edited: