• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Howsie

International Captain
He was injured for the first round of the Plunket Shield iirc, I don't know about rounds two and three however.

Howsie

International Captain
Below par IMO, about 15-20 short. Canterbury should be able to chase this down with their batting order.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
McMillan and Nisbet were discussing PAtel's new run up - and it was the first time they had seen it. Why weren't they watching the test series.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Richardson wet himself over Sherlock?:p
Richardson wasn't commentating today, only commentated the first two matches. I was impressed by Sherlock, bowled his first two overs into a strong breeze and showed very good pace. Deserved his excellent figures.

Thought Canterbury were going to stuff that chase up, they were fortunate that Rhodes bowled the penultimate over and RtD was able to belt his first few deliveries to get them back in the game.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
It doesn't look as though Astle will get a bowl :dry:
Was disappointed in that - I can only assume Fulton didn't want to bowl his spinners into the wind and risk them getting smashed down the ground, and since Nicol bowled four straight overs after the powerplay with the wind, then bowling Astle at the death went against his strategy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Went to the Basin. Good game - had to go when I saw that Ryan ten Doeschate was playing. What a hero. Michael Pollard was superb. Haven't seen him in a while. Sherlock was bloody good, and his run up looked a lot more rhythmical and smooth than the last time I saw him. Brownlie batted very nicely as well until RtD slipped over and Brownlie ended up stranded.

Karaitiana had some good speed variations. A good comeback from the previous game anyway.

Last edited:

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Went to the Basin. Good game - had to go when I saw that Ryan ten Doeschate was playing. What a hero. Michael Pollard was superb. Haven't seen him in a while. Sherlock was bloody good, and his run up looked a lot more rhythmical and smooth than the last time I saw him. Brownlie batted very nicely as well until RtD slipped over and Brownlie ended up stranded.

Karaitiana had some good speed variations. A good comeback from the previous game anyway.
Without seeing Sherlock bowl previously, his run-up had a nice feel to it. His first couple of overs he got some subtle variations in and away to the batsman.

Hope he can keep himself on the park this year - would love to see more from him.

Also, bit bummed NZ cricket can sort out some speed cameras for the televised games.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Without seeing Sherlock bowl previously, his run-up had a nice feel to it. His first couple of overs he got some subtle variations in and away to the batsman.
Wouldn't be surprised if he does an Ian Butler and sticks to one-dayers and 20:20s until he's confident he can make it through 15-18 overs in a day without any issues.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Wouldn't be surprised if he does an Ian Butler and sticks to one-dayers and 20:20s until he's confident he can make it through 15-18 overs in a day without any issues.
If it's been established that he breaks down after or around x amount of overs then that would be a sensible approach to take.

For a guy who has been out for a while, wonder how he felt about this game.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'll let Ronald know you were impressed. :cool: He's a cousin and flatmate of one of the boys in our department (same first name as me, second name starts with N).

Nice fella too, and has ditched the drink for the last few months so he can have a decent crack at it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Ronald did look good, no idea why we bowled Rhodes in the penultimate over though.

Ian Smith was ****ing terrible. Such a joke of a commentator.

freckleslol

School Boy/Girl Captain
Did anyone else read Doull's comments on the Herald?

Cricket: Academy 'ruined a generation' - Doull - Sport - NZ Herald News

Former Black Caps bowler-turned-commentator Simon Doull has lashed out at New Zealand Cricket's philosophy and strategy rather than the players' ability.

"I think the academy has ruined a generation of New Zealand cricketers. I believe they have followed systems and taken second rate people from Australia and it has ruined a generation of our cricketers," he told Radio Sport breakfast host D'Arcy Waldegrave this morning

"We've probably lost 8-10 years of good cricketers when you look at what went through the New Zealand cricket academy, we are now seeing those players come through this side and the first class sides and I don't think our cricket is in great shape."
It certainly sounds interesting although he cites us only having two world class players in the last 10 years (Bond & Vettori) as evidence - it's not as if there was a time we were ever swimming in world class players.

Flem274*

123/5
Wells not playing and two average County batsmen no one knows or cares about are. Fuming tbh. The Mystery Man>>>>>>the English.