• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
News about Andy Mathieson.

Sustained a back injury while bowling for Hamilton against Counties Manakau in the Hawke Cup - a shame too as he was dominating them, had 4 wickets for not many runs against a line up that boasts 3,4,5,6 playing for ND A.
Stress Fracture in hushed tones....?

Blocky

Banned
Stress Fracture in hushed tones....?
Hoping not, it happened in his first over of the game and he managed to get through the first innings (bowling at some decent hostile pace, let me tell you - I spent more time looking over at their game than I did focus on the game I was playing)

Will try catch up with him this week and find out how bad the injury is.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Hope for his sake it's not a SF. Also, how does a player know what pain is safe to play through and what isn't?

Blocky

Banned
Generally those that have a bit of attitude will play through injuries where as those that don't will come off. In Andy's case, he had a point to prove after FC debut.

I've heard of guys who play through stress fractures and just grit their teeth through the pain.

Flem274*

123/5
With all due respect to Mathieson, a young bowler playing through severe pain/possible stress fracture, while it shows some serious guts, is also pretty stupid. Future first class and/or test career>>>>>>club level stuff.

Good to hear he bounced back from his first class debut though.

Blocky

Banned
Shows you how much faith there is in the NZ bowling stocks when they're going and getting older players or players who haven't made the first class level to come over and play here.

Flem274*

123/5
That's just Anthony Stuart tbf. The rest of the sides back their own, even those that could use another experienced bowler like Canterbury and CD.

Piss poor by Wellington though. Lamb, Edwards and Friday have been doing okay by all accounts. Back your reserves ****s.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
How many internationals are they allowed? I thought they had Wright and Lee.

Flem274*

123/5
In other news that probably only I will care about, New Plymouth Boys High batsman Kane Robertson (son of Gary) smashed Martin Donnelly's record for highest score by a New Plymouth ****s High player on the weekend, scoring 220 (Donnelly got 187). It's also Robertson's first century in a "proper" match and the first double hundred for a NPBHS batsmen ever, because they're not ****s like us and let Pinga loose in one day games to score 254* (I'm not joking).

His team mate and skipper William Young also scored a century, and has been called up to the Taranaki mens side. Word is he's one to watch out for in the Central Districts area.

Howsie

International Captain
Northern Districts have signed David Hussey for the HRV cup, he's only available for one game at this stage however.

lockton2skipper

U19 Debutant
take the example of county cricket in england all these overseas/kolpaks restrict english players coming through. australia,s state system with no overseas players hasnt prevented them from been the best. leave the mercenaries at home.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
take the example of county cricket in england all these overseas/kolpaks restrict english players coming through. australia,s state system with no overseas players hasnt prevented them from been the best. leave the mercenaries at home.
Yeah, that's why Australia is the T20 World Cup holders.

Oh, wait...

brockley

International Captain
Shame not on oz tv,like english 20/20 with so many ausssies playing,quite sure they'd watch.
How many aussies is that now.
Warner should go off with a cracker,but not for a while he has some nsw games.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Haha Hodge bowled an underarm delivery in a warm up match in Hamilton. J Marshall's call.

WAC