• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Howsie

International Captain
What's with Wellington and there obsession with Australians? :p They've just brought another one over to play today - Jayde Herrick. He plays for the Victorian second XI so it'll be interesting to see how he goes down there.

Blocky

Banned
Still think it's absolute lunacy that they're not making room for Andy Mathieson in some of these first class matches and asking him to charge in and bowl as quick as he can.

I know I'm biased, being from the same club as him but I just don't see many bowlers in this country offering his combination of height, bounce and pace, let alone at his age.

Anurag is a few weeks back from representitive cricket I'd say.

Blocky

Banned
What's with Wellington and there obsession with Australians? :p They've just brought another one over to play today - Jayde Herrick. He plays for the Victorian second XI so it'll be interesting to see how he goes down there.
Makes sense from the Aussies point of view, get a chance to get some first class cricket under the belt, if you perform impressively it may just get you a chance in the Aussie first class scene.

I also wonder when some of these guys will seriously contemplate coming and trying to crack NZ cricket similar to the Saffies across the world. Cameron Merchant could represent the first Aussie to do it (although I don't think he's good enough)

Flem274*

123/5
Still think it's absolute lunacy that they're not making room for Andy Mathieson in some of these first class matches and asking him to charge in and bowl as quick as he can.

I know I'm biased, being from the same club as him but I just don't see many bowlers in this country offering his combination of height, bounce and pace, let alone at his age.

Anurag is a few weeks back from representitive cricket I'd say.
Adam Milne is an 18 year old 140-145kph bowler for CD who have got some nice figures in his games so far. Heard a lot of good things about Mathieson though.

Good to hear about these blokes coming through.

Flem274*

123/5
Carl Cachopa has moved from Auckland to Central judging by the Stags facebook page. He's named in the squad. Kruger van Wyk has taken over the captaincy in the absence of Jamie How.

Central Districts Squad

Kruger van Wyk (Captain), Doug Bracewell, Carl Cachopa, Peter Ingram, Michael Mason, Mitchell McClenaghan, Kieran Noema-Barnett, Tarun Nethula, Brad Patton, Seth Rance, Mathew Sinclair, Tim Weston, Ben Wheeler
Predicting this line up:

Peter Ingram
Carl Cachopa
Brad Patton
Mathew Sinclair
Tim Weston
Kruger van Wyk
Kieran Noema-Barnett
Doug Bracewell
Ben Wheeler
Michael Mason
Mitchell McClenaghan

Flem274*

123/5
Kyle Mills and Daryl Tuffey will be unavailable for this match. Lance Shaw has been called into the squad and Andrew de Boorder takes over the captaincy.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ggaaaaHHHHHH!H!!!!HH!H!! They're worse than bloody Easts. Not bloody gonna support them with this ****e going down.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bloody Houghton dropped, Lee whatnot injured, , in comes Rhodes, this Victorian chap, Michael Polland and Fraser Quartermain.

Flem274*

123/5
Northern Districts vs Canterbury at Cobham Oval

Teams announced:

Northern Districts

Brad Wilson
Michael Parlane
James Marshall (captain),
Anton Devcich
Keir Bettley,
Joseph Yovich
Jono Boult
Grame Aldridge
Bradley Scott
Own Ivins
Andrew Mathieson

Canterbury

Michael Papps
Rob Nicol
Peter Fulton
Dean Brownlie
Reece Young
Tom Latham
Todd Astle
Andrew Ellis
Brandon Hiini
Michael Claydon
Ryan McCone

Howsie

International Captain
Hopefully they're just resting Boult and he's not actually injured.

That's a pretty depleted looking batting line up though it must be said.

Flem274*

123/5
Otago are batting first in their match against Wellington at the Basin. Wellington inserted them, so maybe there is some juice in the pitch.

The teams are:

Otago

Craig Cumming
Aaron Redmond
Shaun Haig
Neil Broom
Darren Broom
Sam Wells
Derek de Boorder
Ian Butler
Neil Wagner
Warren McSkimming