• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Meridio

International Regular
What's the haps with Owen Ivan's, anyone know anything about him?
Played one game with him about 3 years ago, when he would have been about 16. Don't remember thinking anything of him tbh, certainly didn't catch my eye with an amazing display of wicketkeeping. Had basically forgotten he existed, then nearly fell off my chair when I saw him named in the ND team.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Wellington Cricket- University Senior 3 skipper Leloir hits eight consecutive sixes

50 in 9 balls? :laugh:

The left handed Leloir credited his first century in Wellington club cricket and fourth overall to long hours honing his skills on Playstation: “I’ve always enjoyed Shane Warne Cricket and I’ve always been able to hit sixes in a row on that, so when they brought on a leg-spinner just after I’d reached my century I thought it would be a bit of fun if I tried to do that.”

WAG!!!

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Wellington Cricket- University Senior 3 skipper Leloir hits eight consecutive sixes

The left handed Leloir credited his first century in Wellington club cricket and fourth overall to long hours honing his skills on Playstation: “I’ve always enjoyed Shane Warne Cricket and I’ve always been able to hit sixes in a row on that, so when they brought on a leg-spinner just after I’d reached my century I thought it would be a bit of fun if I tried to do that.”

WAG!!!
He's just become one of my favourite cricketers.

thierry henry

International Coach
The pacemen all did their job last game and Nethula is a fringe bowler and not much of a batsman, so I think CD will go for KNB to provide batting depth and a fifth seamer as support.
Nethula is a very talented bat, probably one of those guys who focused on one skill and maybe lost the other a bit, a shame.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

WAG!!!
:laugh:
Hilarious quote.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I can already smell a long hard day in the field for Otago, and another massive CM ton for Raval to boost his average.

Flem274*

123/5
Hope Andrew de Boorder has a good season at three. If Banhz rates a cricketer then he must be all right.

Canterbury and Wellington in a spot of bother. 26/3 and 15/3 respectively. Mason have a field day with 3/7 against the Cantabs and Boult with 2/8. Wellington skipper Elliott has joined Brodie at the crease.

Meanwhile Auckz after the early loss of Brad Cachopa look fairly comfortable. Jeet Raval is on his favourite pitch on 24*. Butler has the only wicket.

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Andrew de Boorder was at the same school as Tim Southee so therefore must be good :cool:

(my school :ph34r:)

Go Boult!

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Hope Andrew de Boorder has a good season at three. If Banhz rates a cricketer then he must be all right.

Canterbury and Wellington in a spot of bother. 26/3 and 15/3 respectively. Mason have a field day with 3/7 against the Cantabs and Boult with 2/8. Wellington skipper Elliott has joined Brodie at the crease.

Meanwhile Auckz after the early loss of Brad Cachopa look fairly comfortable. Jeet Raval is on his favourite pitch on 24*. Butler has the only wicket.
Things can turn pretty quickly. Raval gets out on the road. What's he done since his 200? Does he have much potential or did the auckland motorway help him tremendously in that innings?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Phlegm: Raval is the next NZ opener! Rah rah rah

Me: Raval is a flat track bully and ****e! Rah rah rah

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I've been away fro the weekend. Give me internet and I'll do it for you when I'm away as well.:p

I doubt it was just me. I'm only useful for the CD average watch.
Hmmm... maybe it was Athlaikins... Will have to look it up in some old thread.

Was mainly an opener watch. Not that we need any of those now that the Mac Attack is here to stay for the next four years :happy:

Last edited: