• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that's probably fair enough. My school of thinking though is why move guys around who are playing well to accommodate a new player.
That's probably true as well, which makes me think Broom might just have to sit out of the team until Williamson moves up to number 3. Which could conceivably be a couple of years, but probably will be in about 12 months.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
In tests anyway. Styris still owns the number 5/6 spot in ODI's.
No doubt about it and thats the way it should be.

His unfortunate ODI and T20 run pretty much destroyed the idea that he could play Tests with most people. Was called the worst batsmen etc etc.

Howsie

International Captain
Daniel Flynn really needs to show he can go on with a start if he wants to get back into the New Zealand team, he's got getting 50 and getting out down to a tee.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
My school of thinking though is why move guys around who are playing well to accommodate a new player.
its in the NZ selection policy. **Select your favorite player, do anything required to keep him happy, which may require you to move and drop players around to accomodate his role, if this is causing selection problems, utilize M. Sinclair he will do anyhting you want for another chance and is a great scrapgoat to cover your orginal selection stuff up**

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Phlegm, I hope you know that we're expecting round by round postings summing up top bowling and batting performers, with averages, just like last season. Sorry... that'll teach you for setting a precedent and raising expectations :p

At least... I hope I remember right and it was you who was doing that. If it was someone else, I apologise in advance!

Flem274*

123/5
Phlegm, I hope you know that we're expecting round by round postings summing up top bowling and batting performers, with averages, just like last season. Sorry... that'll teach you for setting a precedent and raising expectations :p

At least... I hope I remember right and it was you who was doing that. If it was someone else, I apologise in advance!
I've been away fro the weekend. Give me internet and I'll do it for you when I'm away as well.:p

I doubt it was just me. I'm only useful for the CD average watch.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Wellington:

Grant Elliott (captain)

Joe Austin Smellie

Matthew Bell

Harry Boam

Josh Brodie

Lee Edwards

Tipene Friday

Mark Houghton

Andrew Lamb

Cameron Merchant

Neal Parlane

Stewart Rhodes

Luke Woodcock

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Auckland:

Kyle Mills, Captain (Howick Pakuranga)
Andrew de Boorder, Vice Captain (Howick Pakuranga)
Andre Adams (Overseas Player)
Michael Bates (Suburbs New Lynn)
Brad Cachopa (Takapuna)
Colin de Grandhomme (Howick Pakauranga)
Anaru Kitchen (Waitakere City)
Colin Munro (Howick Pakauranga)
Jeet Raval (Suburbs New Lynn)
Gareth Shaw (Papatoetoe)
Bhupinder Singh (Papatoetoe)
Greg Todd (Howick Pakuranga)
Daryl Tuffey (Suburbs New Lynn)

Blakey