• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Flem274*

123/5
Nah loans demean the competition IMO. First Class cricket is more than just national trials. If ND's reserves want a better crack at playing they should move properly.
No one cares about FC cricket outside of 20/20 though (barring the CW contingent).

If loans were in place though then I think some of the epic rivalry on here and cricsim would be taken out a bit though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if Franklin has remembered how to bowl properly yet. Did really well in England, but his pretend bowling would be well-suited there so I don't think it says that much.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Stags team announced:

How (C) Ingram Patton Sinclair Weston van Wyk Worker Bracewell Wheeler Nethula Mason McClenaghan.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I wonder if Franklin has remembered how to bowl properly yet. Did really well in England, but his pretend bowling would be well-suited there so I don't think it says that much.
Did well against Zimbo A too not that that says much either. Though Sibanda > Sehwag.

Flem274*

123/5
Franklin is becoming such a disappointment. James Franklin pre-injury would have strolled into this NZ side.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did well against Zimbo A too not that that says much either. Though Sibanda > Sehwag.
Zimbabwe A had some decent batsmen playing, but most of Franklin's wickets in the match that wasn't played on a minefield were prank-cricketers IIRC.

Flem274*

123/5
Stags team announced:

How (C) Ingram Patton Sinclair Weston van Wyk Worker Bracewell Wheeler Nethula Mason McClenaghan.
Yeah Wheeler was going to get a game after his trial. Glad I didn't pick Milne in my first team for the Squirts now. Was tempted for a punt.

Would Wellington like to borrow him?:ph34r:

I'm not sure how Worker keeps getting in the team. He's done very little, in fact James de Terte deserves a spot over him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Wheeler was going to get a game after his trial. Glad I didn't pick Milne in my first team for the Squirts now. Was tempted for a punt.

Would Wellington like to borrow him?:ph34r:

I'm not sure how Worker keeps getting in the team. He's done very little, in fact James de Terte deserves a spot over him.
Yeah I'd much rather see Hay or de Terte playing, especially given he's not opening. Is Hay still even playing club cricket in the district?

Flem274*

123/5
Would rather see MM sit out. Don't fancy the idea of Bracewell batting seven.
True, Michael Mason is such a hack.:ph34r:

McClenaghan and Worker are the most deserving ones to sit out, but I think CD rates them both and it's probably going to be Wheeler or Bracewell on the sideline.