• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

slugger

State Vice-Captain
hey I have thought it was a good time to add alittle colour to the 4 day game, Im not trying to make it a one day uniform as I have left the uniform largely white, including pads. feed back appreciated.

Howsie

International Captain
Todd Astle is a big question. In my mind (not necessarily connected to the real world), it makes sense that a talented legspinner is debuted sooner rather than later. I suspect NZ domestic batsmen are not very good at playing legspin full stop... so Astle may just be picking up many of his wickets by virtue of that, and that may stall his development. It makes sense to me that he needs to start learning to bowl to batsmen who are used to playing legspin (ie. internationals), even if it runs the risk of damaging his confidence. Memo to NZ selectors - please do not debut Astle in ODIs
Todd Astle is the perfect example of why New Zealand cricket must schedule proper "A" tours as often as possible. His performances over the last two first class seasons haven't been seen by a spinner in this country for sometime, but is that down to his ability with the ball or the inability of the batsmen he's bowling too? It's definitely not something you want to risk finding out at the international level IMO.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
hey I have thought it was a good time to add alittle colour to the 4 day game, Im not trying to make it a one day uniform as I have left the uniform largely white, including pads. feed back appreciated.
The CD one looks good - the red ball might get lost against those canterbury colours though

Flem274*

123/5
Also crew, I think it's about time we got the 2011/2012 thread underway. I'll be moving posts around and I'll throw up the contract list and the schedule in the original post.