• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official New Zealand Domestic Season Thread 2010/11 ***

Athlai

Not Terrible
Not sure if any Kiwi has ever taken more than 50 wickets in a domestic season. Or even more than 47 (which is what he is on now).

Certainly none have post 99-00 and I think the seasons were a bit shorter prior to that.

AR Tait took 48 in a season in 96/97
NA Mailender took 49 in 91/92
SL Boock took 48 in 86/87
Chatfield 47 in 81/82

Nothing post 1960s either and thats as far back as I'm going to bother.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Pinga brings up his fifty against an attack with Tuffey and "best seamer in NZ" Chris Martin.:cool:

Make it a hundy! I like to think of the selectors squirming.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if any Kiwi has ever taken more than 50 wickets in a domestic season. Or even more than 47 (which is what he is on now).

Certainly none have post 99-00 and I think the seasons were a bit shorter prior to that.

AR Tait took 48 in a season in 96/97
NA Mailender took 49 in 91/92SL Boock took 48 in 86/87
Chatfield 47 in 81/82

Nothing post 1960s either and thats as far back as I'm going to bother.
And if Mallender (not Mailender) had taken 51, there still wouldn't have been a Kiwi who had taken more than 50 in a season.

By the way, Wagner's double hatrick is like music to my ears.

Sorry.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Pinga brings up his fifty against an attack with Tuffey and "best seamer in NZ" Chris Martin.:cool:

Make it a hundy! I like to think of the selectors squirming.
It's at Napier. Any runs scored there = bull****, etc. etc.

I'm still not entirely sold on Wagner. With the exception of that over, he's been relatively mediocre since christmas. I'm quite glad he's got another full season of domestic cricket ahead of him before he becomes available. If he gets another big haul of wickets next season, then he'll have deserved a call-up.

vandem

International 12th Man
And if Mallender ... had taken 51, there still wouldn't have been a Kiwi who had taken more than 50 in a season.
On a minor statistical note ...

... Mallender was unlucky not to take 50. He was in injured in the second-last game while on 49 wickets, and played the last game as a batsman only (and scored a century !).

second-last game:
The Home of CricketArchive

last game:
The Home of CricketArchive

But I hadn't realised that nobody had taken 50 domestic wickets in a season. Must look up the almanac tonight ...