• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Seniors Cricket Tour

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Had the TV on in the background just before and it mentioned Bernhard Langer shooting for a record on the seniors golf tour. I was thinking how boring would it be to watch seniors golf, but figured they must generate big audiences given the prizemoney and TV coverage.

It got me thinking of Cricket, and I think T20 Seniors International Cricket would get heaps of worldwide attention (ok perhaps not all of the world unless we had something like spinplay for a few overs) :dry:

Just say it was for over 40s and you had to have retired from the International game for 2 years.

7 players over 40
4 players over 50

How would your countries XI look and would you follow the tournament closely if most of the big names played?

For example:
1 Michael Slater 40
2 Geoff Marsh 51
3 Mark Waugh 45
4 Darren Lehmann 40
5 Allan Border 55
6 Ian Healy 46
7 Greg Matthews 50
8 Shane Warne 40
9 Damien Fleming 40
10 Dennis Lillee 61
11 Glenn McGrath 40

Realistically someone in the 50s should outdo Lillee, but it would be great to see him play.

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I'd imagine spinners would be a better choice then pace bowlers as they can keep playing past their 40's quite easily.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd imagine spinners would be a better choice then pace bowlers as they can keep playing past their 40's quite easily.
Yeah that's why I ended up giving Greg Matthews a spot in the XI. He's popular and still doing well in Sydney Grade Cricket so he would be a great selection as a 50 plus guy.

I made the rule of 4 over 50s so you wouldn't just have your whole team of 40 year olds who have recently retired.

My team is probably a batsman short.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would enjoy watching this side, a real shame Goughy is not quite 40 yet though.

Tail is a bit long and not all suited to twenty20 but some great characters in here:

Graham Gooch 57
Mike Atherton 42
David Gower 53
Robin Smith 47
Mike Gatting 53
Ian Botham 54
Jack Russell 46
Andy Caddick 41
Devon Malcolm 47
Angus Fraser 44
Phil Tufnell 44

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This really makes me wish the West Indies were still awesome:

Desmond Haynes 54
Gordon Greenidge 59
Brian Lara 41
Viv Richards 58
Richie Richardson 48
Carl Hooper 43
Ridley Jacobs 42
Ian Bishop 42
Michael Holding 56
Curtly Ambrose 46
Courtney Walsh 47

Not really got any of the twenty20 style allrounder asides maybe Hooper but who cares when you could see these players again.

kingkallis

International Coach
Would enjoy watching this side, a real shame Goughy is not quite 40 yet though.

Tail is a bit long and not all suited to twenty20 but some great characters in here:

Graham Gooch 57
Mike Atherton 42
David Gower 53
Robin Smith 47
Mike Gatting 53
Ian Botham 54
Jack Russell 46
Andy Caddick 41
Devon Malcolm 47
Angus Fraser 44
Phil Tufnell 44
I would try to find some place for Greame Hick in there...maybe instead of Gatting!

kingkallis

International Coach
Kris Shrikkanth
Navjot Singh Siddhu
Gundappa Vishwanath
Mohammad Azharuddin
Dilip Vengsarkar
Mohinder Amarnath
Kapil Dev
Robin Singh
Syed Kirmani [ + ]
Javagal Srinath
Rajesh Chauhan

kingkallis

International Coach
Andrew Hudson
Kepler Wessels
Daryll Cullinan
Brian McMillan
Jonty Rhodes
Adrien Kuiper
Dave Richardson [ + ]
Pat Symcox
Fanie de Villiers
Brett Schultz
Allan Donald

Jezroy

State Captain
These 2 teams played a similar game as a warm up to an IND vs NZ ODI in Feb. Even though not many of them make qualify - still interesting to see...

Samsung NZCPA Masters
Stephen Fleming (Captain)
Kerry Walmsley
Dion Nash
Matthew Horne
Hamish Marshall
Simon Doull
Bryan Young
Shane Thomson
Andrew Jones
James Fuller (U19)
Paul Wiseman

ACA Masters
Darren Lehmann (Captain)
Greg Blewett
Ian Healy
Greg Matthews
Brad Hogg
Andy Bichel
Michael Di Venuto
Michael Dighton
Josh Hazlewood (U19)
Mick Lewis
Greg Campbell
Wayne Holdsworth

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
While looking through my old threads created, I thought this one deserved a bump. Perhaps it was inevitable or perhaps the Masters Champions League got there idea from my thread. They used the golf analogy at the start to think of calling it Masters no doubt too.