cricket betting betway blog banner small

View Poll Results: Do you think 2 Tiers in Test Cricket will be handy?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, its time to go for it...

2 9.52%
  • Noway, just keep it as it is!

19 90.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time for 2 Tiers

Cricketer Of The Year kingkallis's Avatar

Time for 2 Tiers

Teams like Pakistan and West Indies hitting the new lows...

Isn't it time to make 2 tiers for Cricket just how it used to be OR is in English Domestic Cricket?

Tier 1 : India, South Africa, Australia, England, Sri Lanka, New Zealand
    Tier 2 : Pakistan, West Indies, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe

Number 6 in Tier 1 will be replaced by Number 1 from Tier 2

People say that these teams might learn a thing or two by playing against TOP teams! What Bangladesh have learnt in these years? Nothing...

They might gain some confidence by beating Pakistan or West Indies in Tier 2

Share your views!
    Last edited by kingkallis; 01-08-2010 at 05:09 AM.
    CricZo XI - Draft Dashboard

11 Golds | 14 Silvers

Scorecard Draft - 2010 | Alphabetical Draft - 2011 | The Eras Draft - 2014 | All Time Australia Draft - 2016 | All England Draft - 2016 | Draft By Nation - 2016 | All-time Trading Game - 2016 | Dual 00-10 Draft - 2017 | Dual 80-90 Draft - 2017 | Silent Auction Draft - 2018 | We are NOT #1 - 2018

Banned
    The rankings point depict the sea of difference between the top 5 and the rest.

Teams like Sri Lanka, New Zealand not getting more chance to play test cricket doesnt help as well!

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    Not a fan of separating Test cricket into divisions. Uncompetitive cricket grinds my gears more than nearly anything, but I like it when the West Indies or Pakistan come to visit Australia. I would be bored, and I know many other fans would be bored too if it was the same teams year-in year-out coming to tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble One View Post
    Not a fan of separating Test cricket into divisions. Uncompetitive cricket grinds my gears more than nearly anything, but I like it when the West Indies or Pakistan come to visit Australia. I would be bored, and I know many other fans would be bored too if it was the same teams year-in year-out coming to tour.
    When was the last time SL visited Australia?

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Sure have 2 tiers but the 2nd cant be Test cricket. Test cricket is top level FC cricket played at the international level. If seperated then only the top tier fulfills that.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there will be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Hate the tier idea. We don't have as many teams like some leagues or sports which have 'Conferences' and what not.

There's very few teams already. To separate it will just make it worse.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Johnners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Hate the tier idea. We don't have as many teams like some leagues or sports which have 'Conferences' and what not.

There's very few teams already. To separate it will just make it worse.
    Very much this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Pretty silly idea to be honest. Its easy to pick a scorecard of a Bangladesh test match now and rip the team apart and say how they havent improved. If you bother to look at their performances from 2000 onwards, you will be able to detect an improvement.

Players of the quality of Tamim, Shakib, Mahmudullah were nowhere to be found in Bangladesh 5 years ago.

If that is not improvement, I dont know what is. The only reason Bangladesh have these players is because they have played against teams like England, Australia and South Africa.

Its only when you pit yourself against the best that you improve your own game.

Reducing Bangladesh, Pakistan and West Indies to a relegated state would be severely damaging for their cricket.

Why should bowlers of the quality of Asif or Aamer be not allowed to dismiss the best batsmen in the world just because the batsmen in their own side are pathetic. Let them do their job. Its good for test cricket.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Perhaps you could do it a bit like the Scottish Premiership did/does. Spend three years where everyone plays each other home and away, then split in half and spend the next year playing only the people in your half.

And make it a proper league while they're at it, where a win get a certain number of points and it's not about playing someone just when they've suddenly got loads of points.

Where were all these calls for a two tier system when Oz and Eng were poor excuses for test standard teams in the 1980s? Thats all Im saying.
    Cause Slifer said so.........!!!!

Jeez, I started some minnow war here or what?

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Test cricket is cyclical and always has been and it can change quickly - Australia hammered the WIndies 5-1 in 75/76 - look what happened afterwards

Pakistan today are an interesting case too - their batting has looked pathetic these last few days but add the two obvious candidates and they could beat anyone - and they beat Australia without them

To my mind Bangladesh are the only questionable team but even they are at least as strong as NZ, India and Pakistan were in the 60's and no one wanted to downgrade the status of their Tests then - they have also at last produced at least one (Tamim) truly international quality player and I think Shakib is nearly there too, although not, sadly, as a captain.

So leave well alone is my view

Exactly. And i dont see the point of two tiers ne way. We already have a limited number of test teams to begin with.

Banned
    If one of Aus/Eng start losing a lot and move to second tier as a result - does that mean there'll be no Ashes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information