• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
I guess its for TV that they play at night time, but ruins most of the games if the side batting first gets more than 250, and its a horrible time for us people downunder to watch if anybody cares

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I get a feeling that NZ will win against India today. NZ is a good unit even though they miss their top players. They have this collective game that beats anyone on their day. Everytime against India and Australia.. NZ have always fared very well..:)

SilentOne

U19 12th Man
I hope Watling gets over his stomach bug quickly as I don't want to see Ingram anywhere near the side for tonight's game.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I dont have cable at my apartment so I might have to head down to 4 Kings to watch for a little bit. Might not go down if bowl first however.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Black caps are full of all rounders...Their slow bowlers can trouble our batsman.....expecting a high scoring match......which is not possible.....:@

Hmmmmmmmm... Not really - imagine if NZ for instance got 250, and then IND had to chase it under lights, and the ball started hooping around, and they ended up 40/6 or something like that. Not really fair on India in that instance.
Then Ind didn't deserve to win that,simple.You can't be 40/6 and expect to win against a top side regardless of the conditions.I agree that the toss is important in a place like SL.Dhoni once said that winning the toss in SL gives you a 60-40 advantage.

The point I'm trying to make is that batting second is a hindrance only if you let it be one.Afridi smashed a magnificent century in 60 odd balls in the Asia Cup match against Lanka chasing 220-230 odd under lights.They still lost because he got no support from any of the others.Ind chased 270 odd against Pak in the same tourny under lights against a very formidable Akhtar,Amir,Afridi,Ajmal attack.....it can be done.

I am expecting NZ to do well today.Ind are always slow starters and NZ always seem to save their best ODI performances for Ind and Aus.

Last edited:

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Black caps are full of all rounders...Their slow bowlers can trouble our batsman.....expecting a high scoring match......which is not possible.....:@
True..

NZ bowlers can be very handy in these conditions.. I predict this match to be evenly poised even though India is good on paper

News JUST IN: Ross won the toss.. NZ will bat first

Last edited: