• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Has the rain completely stopped? Are there clouds in the sky. Has it stopped for good? Raghav?
Rain has stopped completely...weather looks brighter than before. There are some blue clouds towards a corner part of the sky....but I think we will not see rain again today. The umpires just came to middle and inspecting the pitch...we will have match shortly

BeeGee

International Captain
Are you a kiwi BeeGee? I know you support NZ - but just wondered if you are an ex-pat?
Yeah, I'm a Kiwi living in the USA.

In other news... they've put the covers back on the pitch. I'm not sure why. The umpires are out inspecting the ground.

This doesn't look good. All the covers are coming back onto the ground.

Last edited:

Raghav

Covers are back on the pitch.. and there is some delay with some puddles of water on the ground.. ground staff is doing its best

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Latest from Cricinfo...

4.50 pm: The covers are on. No rain yet. Ten Sports' Mike Haysman is confident that we might get in a 35-over game. We will have to wait and see how that pans out. And the cut-off time is 8:17 pm. If there is no play today, there will be a fresh toss tomorrow.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would rather play tomorrow than have a 25 over game today.
I wouldn't since the forecast for tomorrow is worse than today. I also reckon 35 overs will likely suit NZ more than SL, especially batting first. A game tomorrow would mean a fresh toss.

Himannv

International Coach
Looks like no game today. Would have been more than happy with a 35 over game but it was not to be. Ah well, fresh toss tomorrow is the news.

Raghav

I am leaving the ground for now.. I do not think we will have game today. Will be back tomorrow to the ground if I can use this ticket if there is no game today