Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Was it still easy to hit? I'm only offering up a possible solution because Sangakkara doesn't strike me as the sort of person to do such an underhand thing on purpose.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

To be little fair, the previous two deliveries weren't wides or no balls.

vcs
    The margin of the no-ball left no one in any doubt that it was purely intentional. Don't know whether it was Randiv's idea or whether he had specific instructions from Sanga.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    The margin of the no-ball left no one in any doubt that it was purely intentional. Don't know whether it was Randiv's idea or whether he had specific instructions from Sanga.
    If it was purely Randiv's idea, as I had assumed previously,

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    I hope Randiv has a **** international career averaging fifty with the ball and being dropped off the team in an year, then I want him to bowl pathetic drivel for one year in his domestic league and be dropped off his domestic team as well. WAC.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178 View Post
    I have to say I wasn't aware of that rule, could it be he told Randiv to finish it with an easy one to hit for Sehwag to make the ton?
    Both Sehwag and India needed just the 1 run. Giving him an easy one to hit would make sense if he needed a boundary to get the ton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

He did bowl two perfectly legitimate dot balls prior to this incident tbf.

Banned
    Very poor stuff from Randiv...good on Sehwag for taking it like a man.He was ready to throw the match but unwilling to fight till the last ball.Word has it that Sanga told him to do that in Sinhalese prior to the ball...India could have also done the same to Murali but they didn't....

Simon Champion!
    Maybe i am getting too skeptical but that Previous ball where he let go ,for 4 byes seemed dodgy too.

Maybe Sanga and Sehwag had some banter about it and Sehwag said something in his undiplomatic way ,which Sanga thought he would teach a lesson too.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Very poor stuff from Randiv...good on Sehwag for taking it like a man.He was ready to throw the match but unwilling to fight till the last ball.Word has it that Sanga told him to do that in Sinhalese prior to the ball...India could have also done the same to Murali but they didn't....
    True, I never thought of that. I'd be absolutely raving mad if there had been anything remotely suggesting that considering there was an outside chance of saving the game.

Clever use of the bold in your post as well, just got it.
    Last edited by vcs; 16-08-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Cricket Spectator
    Although I am a Indian, I would not put all my ***** to Randiv.

See the below news when SA was in India.

Sehwag earns dubious distinction as fielder

Virender Sehwag earned the dubious distinction during the last day’s play at the Eden Gardens on Thursday for deliberately kicking the ball away over the ropes, with the intention of keeping Hashim Amla him on strike.

It was the fifth ball of Sachin Tendulkar’s over, the South African innings’ 130th , when Amla smacked a square off a short-pitched delivery. The ball raced away towards the fence but stopped just short of the boundary line. Sehwag intentionally kicked it over to deny opportunity to Amla to change ends. South Africa were on 284 for 9 at that time with Amla and No 11 Morne Morkel at the crease.

The umpires decided to award South Africa four penalty runs and also awarded a run to Amla for crossing over. The penalty, termed as ‘willful illegal act of fielder’ — the first such instance in Test cricket in India—- is covered under Law 19.6 of the Laws of Cricket, the ICC’s manual. BCCI statistician Dinar Gupte, when asked to recollect previous instances of such penalty for willful illegal act of a fielder by an Indian cricketer in Tests, said that there’s no such instance.

Source:Sehwag earns dubious distinction as fielder

Possibly Randiv did wrong but why Sehwag did the same with Amla. We never gave due attention to it may be it was not so big or the rule allowed sehwag to be punished there.

Sehwag would be only to0 happy to be awarded 4 penalty runs now

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by hkjain View Post
    Although I am a Indian, I would not put all my ***** to Randiv.

See the below news when SA was in India.

Sehwag earns dubious distinction as fielder

Virender Sehwag earned the dubious distinction during the last day’s play at the Eden Gardens on Thursday for deliberately kicking the ball away over the ropes, with the intention of keeping Hashim Amla him on strike.

It was the fifth ball of Sachin Tendulkar’s over, the South African innings’ 130th , when Amla smacked a square off a short-pitched delivery. The ball raced away towards the fence but stopped just short of the boundary line. Sehwag intentionally kicked it over to deny opportunity to Amla to change ends. South Africa were on 284 for 9 at that time with Amla and No 11 Morne Morkel at the crease.

The umpires decided to award South Africa four penalty runs and also awarded a run to Amla for crossing over. The penalty, termed as ‘willful illegal act of fielder’ — the first such instance in Test cricket in India—- is covered under Law 19.6 of the Laws of Cricket, the ICC’s manual. BCCI statistician Dinar Gupte, when asked to recollect previous instances of such penalty for willful illegal act of a fielder by an Indian cricketer in Tests, said that there’s no such instance.

Source:Sehwag earns dubious distinction as fielder

Possibly Randiv did wrong but why Sehwag did the same with Amla. We never gave due attention to it may be it was not so big or the rule allowed sehwag to be punished there.
    That was Tactical due to the stage of the game,with no intention of hiding it.

This was done to deliberately deny a Century with it having no effect on the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    That was Tactical due to the stage of the game,with no intention of hiding it.

This was done to deliberately deny a Century with it having no effect on the game.
    Yes if that was wrong then bringing up the field when the main bat is on strike with a tail-ender on the last ball must also be wrong.

Intentionally kicking and not putting any efforts to stop the ball are two different things. I haven't seen the aforementioned footage though.

International Debutant Cruxdude's Avatar
    While what Sehwag did was wrong in that game, he did it to try win the game for his team. Here there is nothing like that, he just wanting to be petty.

Thread Information