• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Not if you consider my vendetta against him. Protect one player while leaving the other out for the slaughter.
Was the "could do well in those conditions" that made it such a contradiction. :p

Don't really see how playing Ingram would protect Taylor from Malinga anyway, unless you're really worried about those three deliveries.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was the "could do well in those conditions" that made it such a contradiction. :p

Don't really see how playing Ingram would protect Taylor from Malinga anyway, unless you're really worried about those three deliveries.
Malinga is of course above the conditions, Pinga could potentially belt the Indian/Sri Lankan other seamers if he gets a bit of his luck.

Taylor and the new ball always gets me a little worried, looks far better against an older ball. He doesn't need the protection but I think it'll equal more runs at the end of the day.

Howsie

International Captain
Could always play Pinga, could do well in those conditions (him opening Guppy at 3) or else get Styris to bat 3.
Ughhh, personally I don't rate Ingram at all especially in one day cricket, factor in my hate for Martin Guptill batting anywhere bar opener that's a terrible idea :p Plus, I reckon we'll need Styris down the order seeing as he's such a good player of spin during the middle overs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ughhh, personally I don't rate Ingram at all especially in one day cricket, factor in my hate for Martin Guptill batting anywhere bar opener that's a terrible idea :p Plus, I reckon we'll need Styris down the order seeing as he's such a good player of spin during the middle overs.
Yeah agree with all of that. Taylor and Williamson need to be three and four if they both play; doesn't matter too much in which order IMO but I'd be giving Taylor the chance personally.

Jezroy

State Captain
Hmm. I'd be tempted to have Hopkins bat eight and get twenty overs out of Oram, Williamson, Styris and Elliott. I'd be a lot more happy doing such if I was confident Oram wouldn't bowl one over and then go off injured, though.
I agree, I like Oram at 7. I still think he has something to offer with the bat, but he just can't come in and slog straight away. Tough question with what to do with him.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
I have a feeling Malinga wouldnt play this tournument anyway, he has already exceeded his quota of overs in this test match.. So NZ can happily play Ingram who will love to bat in these pitches with no express pace. NZ to do well, they have won an all dambulla tournument before as well.

Jezroy

State Captain
NZ to do well mainly because the other teams will freak out at the thought of playing someone different.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
:laugh: yeah fair call, thats why i think Sri Lanka will rest a few players, playing all these games in dambulla doesnt help anybody regarding the World cup, only NZ can benefit in a small way in that they can atleast get used to the weather.. but none of the games during the cup are at Dambulla

Jezroy

State Captain
In the NZ warm up vs SL A - NZ are 100/1 off 20 overs. Pinga run out for 11, Watling and Taylor 40 odd each.

Howsie

International Captain
Ah, so Williamson is playing and not Guptill. Watling brings up another 50 and Taylor with another quickfire 40.

Howsie

International Captain
276/7 after 50 overs. Oram and Mills rescued New Zealand after a middle order collapse by putting on 83 during the last 10 overs.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Sri lanka Announces their Squad.....

Squad: Kumar Sangakkara (capt & wk), Mahela Jayawardene (vc), Chamara Silva, Thisara Perera, Dilhara Fernando, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga, Angelo Mathews, Thilan Samaraweera, Chamara Kapugedera, Suraj Randiv, Ajantha Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Rangana Herath.

Jezroy

State Captain
Another good performance from NZ. Very good build up. With no injuries... I'm touching wood.

:naughty: