• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sehwag wasn't whining anymore than you're whining on in this thread, Migara. It was petty of Randiv, and Sehwag called him out on it. Get off that patriotic high horse.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually Sehwag hasn't done the whining,the Ind media has.He was gracious enough to hide his resentment yesterday even going to the extent of saying he had seen bowlers do it all the time and that it wasn't really a surprise.Question for you-If Ojha had deliberately thrown his wicket away to Malinga to keep Murali stranded on 799,and if Murali had later expressed disappointed over it,what would your reaction have been?In the larger scheme of things,799 or 800 doesn't really matter either.
Would have called Murali a stupid as he opted to play only one match, Luckily he got eight wickets, which very few thought he could take. In SL we don't treat cricketers like demi-gods. We call a spade a spade and whore a whore. Murali may be great, but he's bitterly criticized when he crosses the lines. Same with Jayasuriya. And Sanga is heavily criticized for his captaincy. If Dilshan was stranded like that, we would have asked why was he waiting for the last moment to get it, and would have ask to shut up and concentrate on scoring a century in the next match.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would have called Murali a stupid as he opted to play only one match, Luckily he got eight wickets, which very few thought he could take. In SL we don't treat cricketers like demi-gods. We call a spade a spade and whore a whore. Murali may be great, but he's bitterly criticized when he crosses the lines. Same with Jayasuriya. And Sanga is heavily criticized for his captaincy. If Dilshan was stranded like that, we would have asked why was he waiting for the last moment to get it, and would have ask to shut up and concentrate on scoring a century in the next match.
Clearly the players care enough about denying opposition cricketers personal milestones to the extent that they are willing to donate runs, however. Doesn't quite tally up.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Ask Randiv :ph34r:
Yes, his bowling will concede one run, instead of a boundary, if you want to be theoretical. If I was Randiv, would have done the same, but I would have bowled a fast wide out side off. And it's not a rare practice they have only one run to win.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Clearly the players care enough about denying opposition cricketers personal milestones to the extent that they are willing to donate runs, however. Doesn't quite tally up.
SL players are not known to do such things. There should have been a needle between these two from the test series. People can get personal, and sledging is one of them. How did Randiv donate runs? He conceded one run instead of a boundary!

Sehwag's mention of Malinga's leg side four shows how low he has stooped. It was not the first leg side wide that Malinga bowled in that match, and hes well known to get his radar wrong some times. If Sehwag did not mention it, I would have not called it whining. That leaves his interview a bitter taste.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL players are not known to do such things. There should have been a needle between these two from the test series. People can get personal, and sledging is one of them. How did Randiv donate runs? He conceded one run instead of a boundary!

Sehwag's mention of Malinga's leg side four shows how low he has stooped. It was not the first leg side wide that Malinga bowled in that match, and hes well known to get his radar wrong some times. If Sehwag did not mention it, I would have not called it whining. That leaves his interview a bitter taste.
By not trying to bowl a dot/wicket-taking ball. :)

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hope this will fire up Lankans, similar to what they did to England and KP. They should make Sehwag's life at the crease hell of a difficult one. Fernando was doing it, and so should others.
Well so the Lankans are going to USE this incident to fire themselves up against Sehwag eh? What has it been this series against Sehwag. First in the tests (may I add ALL THREE), Sehwag ****s them and then again in this ODI, Sehwag ****s them again. They will not use that as motivation to fire against him?

BeeGee

International Captain
Everybody's just jealous of the worlds #1 team :cool:
I hate to be pedantic, but India are the #1 ranked TEST team. We're talking about an ODI series, so in the context of this thread, India are the #2 ranked team in the world.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I hate to be pedantic, but India are the #1 ranked TEST team. We're talking about an ODI series, so in the context of this thread, India are the #2 ranked team in the world.
I believe India are #3 in the mickey mouse format.