• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Who's that guy who bowled out Bradman in his last test? Eric Hollies wasn't it? That guy is such a cheat!!! How dare he deny a well deserved 100 average..!! Outrageous :P
Hollies bowled out Bradman. Randiv didn't. They're incomparable situations.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Himmanv, do you seriously think it would have been an issue if Randiv had bowled Sehwag on 99? Tell me you're being facetious.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So cringeworthy reading through this thread. It's not like it was going to be his maiden ODI century or anything, and like others have pointed out, he'd already faced a couple of dot balls beforehand, so for all we know it could've been accident. More importantly though, who cares? Randiv didn't break any rules, and maybe Sehwag should stop trying to blast it for six whenever he's within reach of a century and just go for an easy single instead. Storm in a huge teacup.
He did try going for a single the two balls previous *shrugs*

Himannv

International Coach
Himmanv, do you seriously think it would have been an issue if Randiv had bowled Sehwag on 99? Tell me you're being facetious.
I dont think its an issue at all. I dont think bowling a no ball is an issue either. Blown out of proportion to the point of ridiculousness.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I dont think its an issue at all. I dont think bowling a no ball is an issue either. Blown out of proportion to the point of ridiculousness.
I think bowling a no ball shows a lack of sportiveness for sure.. But I agree the issue is not as big as it is made out to be..

That said, thank your stars Randiv didn't do it with Sachin. Imagine SA starting up 20 threads here... :p

Kensashi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Randiv is definitely to blame and there are no excuses, but why resort to calling him names related to female genitials and others? I mean, how old are you? 10?

Teja.

Global Moderator
Randiv is definitely to blame and there are no excuses, but why resort to calling him names related to female genitials and others? I mean, how old are you? 10?
Haha, The irony in the above statement is heavy enough to kill me.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Probably the most comparable situation I've seen was a one day game in Australia, where Lehmann was nearly 100 and didn't take a single (may have been a two) on offer to win the game, and then next ball hit the required 4 runs to get victory and the hundred.

I wasn't a fan of that, and I don't really care about what Randiv did. I have no issue with the side on the losing end of the game wanting to get off the ground as quick as possible once the game is that finished. Would I have done it, probably not, but can I understand it? Yeah.

Teja.

Global Moderator
You underestimate the level of knowledge of a 10 year old... or maybe its different where you live.
No, The irony is that you take so much literal offence at someone being called a dick/**** and are asking people to grow up.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I think people need to get over this Randick crap - he acted petulantly, no need for CW to respond in kind...or perhaps there is.

Teja.

Global Moderator
And the mature thing is to ask people to act rationally, not emotionally? Meh.
Yeah, I'm sorry, I guess. Randiv did a ****-ish thing and Indian supporters will call him a **** for a day, laughing at them and calling them sissies can lead to responses.

Also, I realize I was being childish and overly emotional but context and all..

Last edited:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I think people need to get over this Randick crap - he acted petulantly, no need for CW to respond in kind...or perhaps there is.
You can either sit there lecturing us or you can get off your ass and help carry this hay to the stake.