• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

Fusion

Global Moderator
Yes well I'd expect that sort of thing from Aussie cricketers. By and large they have no class when it comes to things like this.

I wouldn't expect from Sri Lanka and Sangakkara though as previously mentioned.
Scaly, please don't generalize and post in such an incendiary manner. Consider this an official warning.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yes well I'd expect that sort of thing from Aussie cricketers. By and large they have no class when it comes to things like this.

I wouldn't expect from Sri Lanka and Sangakkara though as previously mentioned.
Bull****. Can you provide an example?

I would expect Aussie Cricketers to think that if they just get Sehwag out and put pressure on the new batsman anything could happen. It's the Aussie way.

shankar

International Debutant
So 3 dot balls, 2 of which when the scores were level.
It's not about what score Sehwag was on. It's about how many runs were left. You'd have to be an ass to give away 5 runs just to prevent a batsman from getting a 100. But with just 1 run needed you might try and be cheeky and concede it with a no ball/wide which is what happened.

R_D

International Debutant
Sri Lanka have done it in the past so its not that surprising.

Well done Viru... good innings that.

Shifter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I'm with the people who point out he bowled 2 legitimate deliveries that Sehwag could of make his century off. Doesn't make sense to give him the chance if they were that determined to deny him. He would also have to be pretty clued up on the rules as I'm not sure many cricketers would of known that scoring off a no ball that creates the winning run cancels out any runs the batsman scores off it (a stupid rule).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah but similarly, Randiv wouldn't have known he was about to be hit for 6.

If I was bowling the last over of the knock with a run to win, the bloke on 99 who was busily smashing me about the park earlier and I saw him calmly dab a couple of balls to point, I'd be thinking he's looking for the glory shot and it would definitely flash through my mind to deny the ****.

As it was, I'd be right too because Sehwag clearly was looking for the glory shot. My opinion but I reckon Randiv was banking on Sehwag not to go downtown with the no-ball ending the game. That he was bashed over mid-off for 6 but it didn't count, in a losing game, you'd take that as an unexpected bonus. Would have provoked a laugh later at least.

Last edited:

hkjain

Cricket Spectator
I would like to bring up one more fact in the trick done yesterday.

When Sehwag was on 99* and ball was being delivered he stopped running and it became dead ball. What happen that delivery was legal (not no ball if bowled) but has he didn't bowled next very ball was no ball.

This is just what I saw on television and I don't have footages and no one in media is realizing that point.

And about point mention some senior about Sehwag's tactics I agree with some of few members who said he was doing for his team while Randiv have no intention for his team.

I think Sehwag's criticism would not be valid here since law of cricket did punished him unlike Randiv which is more like a trick to deny someone.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Well i really never had any problems with Sri Lanka team but when i see the holding's like "Dhoni what is your excuses today" and "Plzz Malinga dont hurt them".....And that no-ball incident made me pissed....

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No he didn't, he changed the subject but he flat out said "I was unaware of that rule".

My deduction, if you are unaware of a rule, you won't purposely use that rule to deny an opposition player a hundred.

Anyway, I want to give Sanga the benefit of the doubt since I love him, but **** me it looks like he told Randiv to do it.

Randiv's foot was a mile over the line.
been saying it for a while.. Sanga is NOT that good or sportive.. He whinges a lot and he tries too many underhand stuff.. I have said it before, but with that sort of captaincy, no matter how talent comes through Sri Lanka, you are not going to reach anywhere near the top..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
But that just doesn't happen anymore. They still had every right to try and get him out before the end of the game.

EDIT: Read the article, and Sehwag looks a lot worse than Sanga. His frustration is understandable, but you can't definitively say it was deliberate.
lol.. the guy's back foot almost cut the front line... that is not deliberate?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Wouldn't put it past just about any cricketer I know to ping in an extra to deny a bloke, especially if the batter is trying to get the ton with a glory shot.
This.. But I think quite a few cricketers would try to use that as an opportunity to get the man out.. This happens even in school cricket when I was playing U15...