• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tri-Series

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Sachin hasn't played a single ODI since the 200* in february. Hope he isn't planning on walking into the World Cup cold. :p

Sir Alex

Banned
Sachin hasn't played a single ODI since the 200* in february. Hope he isn't planning on walking into the World Cup cold. :p
Incredibly Sachin has not played an ODI during the months April-August since England tour of 2007. That is a refreshing change considering how he was literally hopping from ODI to ODI during the heydeys of 90s.

I would like him to maintain a healthy 2:1 ratio of ODIs to tests played till World Cup.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Incredibly Sachin has not played an ODI during the months April-August since England tour of 2007. That is a refreshing change considering how he was literally hopping from ODI to ODI during the heydeys of 90s.

I would like him to maintain a healthy 2:1 ratio of ODIs to tests played till World Cup.
dude, seriously, would you even watch cricket after Sachin? :p

pasag

RTDAS

Yeah it's a fine line, you want your players getting as much match practice as possible before the WC, but at the same time how much practice does the greatest ODI player of all time really need?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Especially in August.

He'll play the ODIs vs. Aust in India. That's good enough practice.

Sir Alex

Banned
Yeah it's a fine line, you want your players getting as much match practice as possible before the WC, but at the same time how much practice does the greatest ODI player of all time really need?
He'll play ODIs against Aus and NZ and ODIs in SA. He is playing tests allround so that will be enough to stay match fit.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like we have the SL Board XI in a spot of bother - 57-5 after 18. Wickets evenly shared between Tuffey (2), Oram (1) and Southee (1), with one run out.

Howsie

International Captain
Hmmm, and Sri Lanka weren't put in either. It seems to be a pretty decent batting line-up also.

The lack of Williamson is a little scary though, I prey to god New Zealand aren't thinking of playing Ingram and Watling at the top with Guptill at three when this series kicks off next week, although that would hardly be surprising given it's New Zealand cricket where dealing with here. Hopefully with Kyle Mills also not playing they've just decided to give them both a rest as they were the best bowler and batsmen on that trip to Darwin.

Howsie

International Captain
220 for the win then. Poor death bowling by Southee really, must of gone for at least 30 of his last three overs (all with the number 11 at the crease).

Howsie

International Captain
The bowler who had Watling caught behind, Nuwan Pradeep, how fast is he? Sounds as though he has some real pace.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Perera has a reputation for big hitting, Nuwan Pradeep was in the test squad apparantly bit slingy and around145k

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like we're cruising now.

Styris is putting on a bit of a display - 57* from 44.