• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Blood, Sweat and Treason

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The piece that was reproduced from the book is extraordinary. Thank you so much for your time on the articles Martin.

chasingthedon

International Regular
Divine intervention or not, it's an incredible tale. Can a greater consequence have ever rested on the outcome of a cricket match? Another tour de force, Martin!

outbreak

First Class Debutant
That chapter is great i'll be ordering a copy of this book when i get home. It is an interesting event and I'm sure unless you knew what was going on in Zimbabwe at the time, the outside world has no clue what could have happened to him at the time.

Himannv

International Coach
Really like the title of his book actually. Fairly intriguing. Good review on the whole.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Good Review by Martin.

Would be a good read that book i am sure.

Btw,Martin Chandler is Fredfertang ,Right?

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent pieces Martin, the pair of them are terrific. :)
Have ordered my copy online, am very much looking forward to having a read of it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Amazing chapter. Wow. Talk about a meaningful match....

And we give thugs like Bvute a voice at the ICC table. Disgraceful.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Great stuff, Martin.

Am I right in saying that Andre (former staff member) once conducted an interview with Henry? Is there still a link to that?

Andre

International Regular
Henry is a fantastic bloke - was very co-operative for the interview and gave some real depth with his answers. Because of his stance in the 2003 WC, sometimes his cricket ability was underestimated - was certainly a very capable fast bowler.

Good cricketer and even better human being - glad to see he is enjoying life and making the most of his opportunities. Only deserves good things.

Fiji-Bati

Cricket Spectator
That first chapter is gripping.

Would love to get a copy of the book, certainly would be an interesting read. And is Olonga playing in Zimbabwe's new domestic set-up?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And is Olonga playing in Zimbabwe's new domestic set-up?
Henry is alive and well and living in West London but he won't go back to Zim if for no other reason than he's currently effectively stateless, as the Zim authorities won't even consider renewing his passport unless he goes back there to do it in person which, understandably, he has no intention of doing at the moment.