• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Australia in India 2010

Matt79

Global Moderator
On initial reaction, doubtful about Hilfy in Indian conditions tbh. That said, he shown he can bowl a good line, and guys like Kasper had good success there doing just that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On initial reaction, doubtful about Hilfy in Indian conditions tbh. That said, he shown he can bowl a good line, and guys like Kasper had good success there doing just that.
Actually generally bowls a fraction wide IMO. Siddle's the bloke I really think would struggle with the conditions though so I'd just leave the fast bowlers how they are.

Julian87

State Captain
Siddle struggled last time too. In fact picking Siddle rather than the obvious choice in Bollinger, cost us the series IMO.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think the overhead conditions will help a bit of swing, esp. with the SG balls being in use... Mohali is definitely gonna be rather cool this time of the year and same in Bangalore. Winter in both places.. Matches would be interesting. :)

And think Hilfy will do well for precisely this reason. Quitely tipping him to be Aus's best bowler in this series..

Matt79

Global Moderator
Siddle struggled last time too. In fact picking Siddle rather than the obvious choice in Bollinger, cost us the series IMO.
Don't think anyone is actually suggesting selecting Siddle though - not in the XI. And even if they were, it would be at Hilfy, not Bollinger's, expense surely.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't think anyone is actually suggesting selecting Siddle though - not in the XI. And even if they were, it would be at Hilfy, not Bollinger's, expense surely.

I would like a Harris or Siddle type bowler if we are going to play 3 quicks - Not confident in the fast bowling partnerships when we have Bollinger, Hilfenhaus and Johnson.
Knowing NUFAN I actually think it'd be Johnson who he'd drop. Don't agree with it at all, hence the replies. :p

Matt79

Global Moderator
Johnson is so frustrating. But he doesn't have to play in England for the next little while, so hopefully we'll get more Superman days than Clark Kent ones.

Jayzamann

International Regular
Brad McEwan on Sports Tonight just said that Hilditch is putting his support behind Marcus North.

Hopefully he dies in his house as it burns to the ground before the squad is revealed for India. I doubt he would notice it even happening.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Brad McEwan on Sports Tonight just said that Hilditch is putting his support behind Marcus North.

Hopefully he dies in his house as it burns to the ground before the squad is revealed for India. I doubt he would notice it even happening.
At least we won't have North for the summer then.

Think Australia have a good chance to win this pathetic two match series. Will really rest on the form of Bollinger I reckon.

Sir Alex

Banned
At least we won't have North for the summer then.

Think Australia have a good chance to win this pathetic two match series. Will really rest on the form of Bollinger I reckon.
I don't think they have a "good chance" considering their present test form and how they got pummelled last time they toured us.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think they have a "good chance" considering their present test form and how they got pummelled last time they toured us.
I wouldn't consider Australia to be favourites by any means but I feel it could go either way.

Australia's test form is certainly questionable, but India are lacking the bowlers that Pakistan possessed to draw their 'home' series.

Although large question remarks remain over Ponting and North, I think the series (as small as it is) will ultimately be decided by the form of Australia's bowlers more so than anything else.

Perhaps a bold prediction, but i see the likeness of a draw >>>> Aus win > India Win. I just can't see India getting 40 wickets though I suppose they will be aided by the dreadful Australian middle order though.

Just throwing some speculative guesses out there!

Sir Alex

Banned
I wouldn't consider Australia to be favourites by any means but I feel it could go either way.

Australia's test form is certainly questionable, but India are lacking the bowlers that Pakistan possessed to draw their 'home' series.

Although large question remarks remain over Ponting and North, I think the series (as small as it is) will ultimately be decided by the form of Australia's bowlers more so than anything else.

Perhaps a bold prediction, but i see the likeness of a draw >>>> Aus win > India Win. I just can't see India getting 40 wickets though I suppose they will be aided by the dreadful Australian middle order though.

Just throwing some speculative guesses out there!
the only likely difference would be Zak making the lineup or not. If he makes it, it would be Zak, Ishant, Ojha/Mishra, and Bhajji which is about the same attack that outdid Australia last time.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
the only likely difference would be Zak making the lineup or not. If he makes it, it would be Zak, Ishant, Ojha/Mishra, and Bhajji which is about the same attack that outdid Australia last time.
Australia's batting wasn't completely hopeless last time. They still managed to knock up a few decent totals. It's bowling, on the other hand, was completely miserable.

Sir Alex

Banned
Australia's batting wasn't completely hopeless last time. They still managed to knock up a few decent totals. It's bowling, on the other hand, was completely miserable.
Yeah but I don't see anyone creating serious trouble for our batsmen (unless of course we manage to shoot ourselves by preparing a green tinged deck). Johnson was terrible last time (his figures flatter him). Bollinger is largely untested outside his own home grounds, and anyways two tests against Pakistan, sporting one of the worst batting lineups in World cricket today doesn't say much. If Smith is played as a spinner, I would give India 80 - Australia 10 - Draw 10.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but I don't see anyone creating serious trouble for our batsmen (unless of course we manage to shoot ourselves by preparing a green tinged deck). Johnson was terrible last time (his figures flatter him). Bollinger is largely untested outside his own home grounds, and anyways two tests against Pakistan, sporting one of the worst batting lineups in World cricket today doesn't say much. If Smith is played as a spinner, I would give India 80 - Australia 10 - Draw 10.
Like I've said a couple times already now, the biggest factor in the series I feel will be the performance of the Australian bowlers - I haven't suggested they're going to steamroll India but I believe Australia has a better chance of losing because of poor bowling and team selection rather than Indian dominance.

If a bookie offered me those type of odds I'd be putting a lot of money on Australia. I imagine Smith will go over to India, he actually mentioned it the other night, but I hope the much improved Hauritz will play.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
I think We gonna win this time around....You may never know....Aus team have still some young players for international standards.....And Laxman gonna kill them this time around for sure......:cool:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
There's no way we're 80% chance to win the series Sir Alex. Even if Zaheer is fit.