• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Complete Fixtures

Thu Jul 29 - Mon Aug 2
11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 1st Test - England v Pakistan
Trent Bridge, Nottingham

Fri Aug 6 - Tue Aug 10
11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 2nd Test - England v Pakistan
Edgbaston, Birmingham

Fri Aug 13 - Sat Aug 14
11:00 local | 10:00 GMT Worcestershire v Pakistanis
County Ground, New Road, Worcester2-day tour match at New Road on August 13-14 played against England Lions if Worcestershire involved in Twenty20 Finals Day

Wed Aug 18 - Sun Aug 22
11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 3rd Test - England v Pakistan
Kennington Oval, London

Thu Aug 26 - Mon Aug 30
11:00 local | 10:00 GMT 4th Test - England v Pakistan
Lord's, London

Thu Sep 2
10:45 local | 09:45 GMT Somerset v Pakistanis
County Ground, Taunton

Sun Sep 5
15:30 local | 14:30 GMT 1st T20I - England v Pakistan
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Tue Sep 7
18:00 local | 17:00 GMT 2nd T20I - England v Pakistan
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Fri Sep 10
10:15 local | 09:15 GMT 1st ODI - England v Pakistan
Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street

Sun Sep 12
10:15 local | 09:15 GMT 2nd ODI - England v Pakistan
Headingley, Leeds

Fri Sep 17
10:15 local | 09:15 GMT 3rd ODI - England v Pakistan
Kennington Oval, London

Mon Sep 20
13:00 local | 12:00 GMT 4th ODI - England v Pakistan
Lord's, London

Wed Sep 22
14:30 local | 13:30 GMT 5th ODI - England v Pakistan
The Rose Bowl, Southampton

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tough on Pakistan to have 6 tests in 7 weeks,2 against Australia then 4 against England.I guess England will secretly be hoping that one of the Pakistan bowlers breaks down which could easily happen with a workload like that.

Been very impressed with the young left armer and Asif is just class anyway so they will cause problems to England but i just think the England attack will use the conditions far better than Australia have and could blow the visitors batting away on occasions.

Can't wait to see the side we pick,i presume that Collingwood replaces Bell and Broad will come in for Shahzad from the side that beat Bangladesh but looking ahead it will be interesting to see which of Bresnan and Shahzad makes this squad as regards pecking order for the ashes,don't expect either to play but has Shahzad moved in front of Bresnan yet?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Tough on Pakistan to have 6 tests in 7 weeks,2 against Australia then 4 against England.I guess England will secretly be hoping that one of the Pakistan bowlers breaks down which could easily happen with a workload like that.

Been very impressed with the young left armer and Asif is just class anyway so they will cause problems to England but i just think the England attack will use the conditions far better than Australia have and could blow the visitors batting away on occasions.

Can't wait to see the side we pick,i presume that Collingwood replaces Bell and Broad will come in for Shahzad from the side that beat Bangladesh but looking ahead it will be interesting to see which of Bresnan and Shahzad makes this squad as regards pecking order for the ashes,don't expect either to play but has Shahzad moved in front of Bresnan yet?
I'd certainly hope so. Shahzad looks by far the better bowler of the two, even if Tiny Tim's batting appears superior. Shahzad's FC career figures suggest he's no mug with the bat, but have seen precious little of him with willow in hand so far.

Agree with your team as well. Bell being injured gives the selectors a chance to see how Morgan goes against some serious oppo. Assuming KP's fit, of course.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still wanna try and get to one of these games. Any CWers heading down to any?

Also, when was the last time we ended our Test season at Lord's not The Oval???

stumpski

International Captain
Used to play the one-off Test against Sri Lanka at Lord's didn't we - except in 1998 when the Oval dustbowl was served up for Murali. So, 1991 would be my guess.

In 1980 the fourth Test of five against West Indies was played at the Oval for some reason. Still annoyed that the Centenary Test wasn't staged there (like the 1880 match), personally.

stumpski

International Captain
BTW I assume that the first four days of each of the London Tests is sold out, but I'm off on the 30th so may go along to the last day at Lord's if there's still a match worth going to.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be pretty annoyed if England don't take the Tests comfortably.

Will no doubt have to suffer another anonymous series of performances from Anderson before he flat-track bullies a 5-fer somewhere and books his place in the Ashes XI.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
As i said in the other thread. Pakistans batting means that if England can score 300 in first innings i think its a nailed on win.

Craig

World Traveller
I wonder if Pakistan will consider resting of their fast bowlers somewhere. That is quiet a punishing schedule. You know have four a half days to the next Test, I hope this doesn't prove too much for Mohammed Aamer/Amir (what is the correct spelling?) and he breaks down.

Pothas

Said it in the other thread but I think Cook is going to have a torrid time against Asif and Aamer. Really looking forward to this series, going to pose some serious questions for our batting lineup.

Morgan going to get a severe examination which has to be a good thing. (not sure he will pass but certainly hope he does)

Broad and Swann to get a ton of wickets though.

Scaly piscine

Aside from the frustrating selection of Anderson I wonder if Rashid will get a go in the last couple of Tests. The pitches could be pretty dead by then (they're not too lively at the best of times). I'd like to see how a bowling attack of Shahzad, Finn, Broad, Swann and Rashid would go. I think they'd be pretty adept at picking up wickets in any conditions and they compensate a fair bit of the loss of a batsman with some batting depth.

Pothas

Might be an idea, if England are to play 5 bowlers then I think Rashid is the only player who might be capable of batting at 7 in a test match.

Still do not like Prior at 6 though, especially with an unproven Morgan at 5 (if he played of course) . Batting could be horribly fragile.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
Will take some interest in this series. Not least to have a final look at England but to see how Pakistan goes now they have some confidence.

Hope the weather stays overcast TBH

L Trumper

State Regular
Hope it follows the pattern of PAK AUS series, with ball dominating bat, that way bowlers can have enough rest and batsmen will prove themselves. Strauss, KP should get big hundreds somewhere in the series.

Scaly piscine

Might be an idea, if England are to play 5 bowlers then I think Rashid is the only player who might be capable of batting at 7 in a test match.

Still do not like Prior at 6 though, especially with an unproven Morgan at 5 (if he played of course) . Batting could be horribly fragile.
If you cut the batsmen down to 5 then Morgan would miss out. He's only playing because another batsman is out anyway. Colly was being rested against Bangladesh and now Bell injured.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Worried about the workload on Aamer as well. Wish there was more of a distance between the Test series.

England's batting is not likely to be as frail as Australia's proved to be. I don't think even Aamer and company will be able to bundle them out cheaply. And the less said about our batting the better. I predict 3-1 England.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
I see a 2-2 draw tbh, but damnit Pakistans batting looks as shaky as Bangladesh's atm and their tail looks long, it may be a bit harsh, but i'm not sure its that unfair. Their bowling is mighty scary though and I'm sure they will roll us often enough.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I am worried about Aamer's fitness too. We need Gul to fire consistently to share the work load.
Also another factor I am worried about is English media crying foul when Aamer stars reversing the ball and grabs 4 wickets.