• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Best of The Rest - NZ, WI, Pak, Bang in tests

Who is the best test team of these teams?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
1 Tamim Iqbal
2 Chris Gayle
3 Ramnaresh Sarwan
4 Ross Taylor
5 Shivnarine Chanderpaul
6 Shakib Al Hasan
7 Brendon McCullum
8 Daniel Vettori (c)
9 Jerome Taylor
10 Mohammed Amir
11 Mohammed Asif

That would be a nice team!

But seriously, this is very tough to pick a winner. NZ will always be the most consistent of the teams. Pakistan need Khan and Yousuf, if they had them both, they would win out of this group easily.

I look forward to seeing these countries play a few Tests against each other to sort it out.
Would definitely pick Ryder ahead of Shakib in the context of that team. In fact I'd consider Mahmudullah too given that's a primarily batting role you've selected him in.

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
I've heard it all now!! :laugh: , you were a better team in 2008 when we toured NZ and still you couldn't beat us, since then we've beaten England and one could argue NZ have gone backwards, i'd bet any money that NZ wouldn't beat us whether it's home or away, in the Caribbean they'd do well to even draw a test imo, we might have taken a few hits against SA recently but NZ aren't SA.
We could have won a test series against England too. After we won that first one in Hamilton we should have made the next two pitches roads and got 2 draws.

Wonder who did something like that in the last 18 months?

And you'd be a VERY brave man to say that you would bet ANY money to say that NZ wouldn't beat WI in NZ. They sure could. They might not. But they sure could. And I'm sure they could get a draw in the Carribean if the Windies won the first test and then made the next two pitches batter friendly so there was no hope of a result.

EDIT: They would struggle at the moment to get a result actually. Lot of rain about.

Last edited:

Jezroy

State Captain
I guess we should just accept our lot - Windies are far and away better than NZ, Pak and Bang. In fact, it's only conspiracy after conspiracy that has kept the Windies away from the number 1 ranking. The ICC executive members should hang their heads in shame.
:laugh:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan. Performances may favor NZ but at least they play at home sometimes....

Flem274*

123/5
Different side back then, no Barath, no Deonarine, no Samuels, we never had Roach in the bowling unit either.
Barath who scored a hundred then got injured? Sooo proven...

Deonarine and Samuels...we've faced their like from you before. I'm more scared of Chanderpaul and Gayle. Chanderpaul was red hot down here last time and Gayle started his good run here.

And we still held you out (cheez Bondy and O'Brien).

Roach has nothing to do with the batting. Irrelevant.

Flem274*

123/5
Think you missed my joke. It was a ***ual reference to international cricketers getting some of the good stuff from the ladies.

Just trying to lighten the load.

If you know what I mean.
I appreciate your humor Jez. Always good to see some stuck in there.

Flem274*

123/5
To be fair though, he might've had something to do with yours, and it was a two-way comparison.
True, but I was staying in context and trying to forestall the big list of awesome West Indies players I knew were coming.

Thanks for giving him the excuse now dude. :p

Howsie

International Captain
So comparing a batsman who's been facing Bang of late to a batsman who has had to take on England, Aus and Sa in the last 18 months is fair? yeah of course it is!! :laugh: .
I don't think Bangladesh have played Australia or South Africa in the last 12 months sorry.

Howsie

International Captain
I've heard it all now!! :laugh: , you were a better team in 2008 when we toured NZ and still you couldn't beat us, since then we've beaten England and one could argue NZ have gone backwards, i'd bet any money that NZ wouldn't beat us whether it's home or away, in the Caribbean they'd do well to even draw a test imo, we might have taken a few hits against SA recently but NZ aren't SA.
Yeah, you beat England 1-0 but since then what?

2-0 England
2-0 Australia
2-0 South Africa

I don't know maybe it's just me but I think the Windies may have gone backwards since that famous triumph 18 months ago?

Flem274*

123/5
NZ supporters have to have a sense of humour. I'd be suicidal if I followed this team and didn't get a wee bit realistic about it.
Yep.

And don't tell me you missed it...I stuck it in there right in front of you...

Or am I just no good? :(

WindieWeathers

International Regular
We could have won a test series against England too. After we won that first one in Hamilton we should have made the next two pitches roads and got 2 draws.

Wonder who did something like that in the last 18 months?

And you'd be a VERY brave man to say that you would bet ANY money to say that NZ wouldn't beat WI in NZ. They sure could. They might not. But they sure could. And I'm sure they could get a draw in the Carribean if the Windies won the first test and then made the next two pitches batter friendly so there was no hope of a result.

EDIT: They would struggle at the moment to get a result actually. Lot of rain about.
Don't blame us cause you didn't use your heads after you won the first test against England!! :laugh: , you're right that anything could happen in NZ but the ball would still be in our courte imo because we simply have the better players all across the park,

Btw England had a whole FOUR TEST MATCHES to level the score and failed, so you can't just put our win down to the pitches.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm enjoying watching Howsie's demolition of WW. The only weapons left to WW are laughing smileys and caps lock.