• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pietersen hits back at Thorpe

joe9t8

Cricket Spectator
After Thorpe recently slated Pietersen's current batting i was waiting for the comeback. I read an interview today that Pietersen did (http://bit.ly/d6VcAn), and he's has a go back by laughing it off and demeaning Thorpe. I can't believe people are slagging KP off, he's one of the most talented batsmen we've ever had in England (regardless of his nationality).

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty vile stuff from KP imo. If he can't respond to a bloke stating some facts without making it personal, he needs to grow up big time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pretty vile stuff from KP imo. If he can't respond to a bloke stating some facts without making it personal, he needs to grow up big time.
KP is KP. Dire. Hate him a little less than I love Thorpe.
Have I overlooked something obvious, all I saw was:

I do see it like that... It’s nice that people come out with all these things. It must be nice to get yourself in the newspaper occasionally. I’ve got so much stick in my career that a bloke like Graham Thorpe coming out and saying what he needs to say is, honestly, water off a duck’s back.
Hardly personal.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Didn't see anything wrong with his comments either TBH. Not like he started ripping into Thorpe. Is this even a legit source? Seems a pretty shoddily put together interview.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't really see anything wrong with that. Was hoping KP might rip into Vaughan for his anti-saffa stuff the other day though. Who was it that won the Ashes for you that last day and made you famous, Vaughny?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Don't really see anything wrong with that. Was hoping KP might rip into Vaughan for his anti-saffa stuff the other day though. Who was it that won the Ashes for you that last day and made you famous, Vaughny?
Shane Warne and Ashley Giles.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seems like what our Aussie cousins would call a bit of a beat up. The interviewer asked Pietersen outright if he thought Thorpe was resentful because of 2005 and he declined to disagree. Might've been more politic to say "no comment", but there's always been an open gaucheness about him.

Don't disagree with Thorpey tho, ftr.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haven't read Thorpe's comments

Just as an aside, it's not too much of a stretch to suggest Thorpe is bitter about losing his place to KP, although I wouldn't say he'd pass judgments on his performances because of it.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Seems like what our Aussie cousins would call a bit of a beat up. The interviewer asked Pietersen outright if he thought Thorpe was resentful because of 2005 and he declined to disagree. Might've been more politic to say "no comment", but there's always been an open gaucheness about him.

Don't disagree with Thorpey tho, ftr.
In the next question he goes on to say-

No, never. I’ve been a successful player up until now so I can’t be that bad. People are always going to criticise you and abuse you. I think there’s a lot of jealousy involved. A lot of people don’t like my heritage, but that’s just the way it is.

I think he is referring to the same thing.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
Have I overlooked something obvious, all I saw was:

I do see it like that... It’s nice that people come out with all these things. It must be nice to get yourself in the newspaper occasionally. I’ve got so much stick in my career that a bloke like Graham Thorpe coming out and saying what he needs to say is, honestly, water off a duck’s back.
Hardly personal.
It's worth recording that the question he was responding to ("I do see it like that") was:

Graham Thorpe has criticised your recent batting. Do you see it as resentment after you ousted him from the team in 2005?
Still hardly earth-shattering though

tooextracool

International Coach
Pietersen has never really taken criticism well so this is hardly surprising IMO. Calling him a slow learner would be akin to calling Mother Theresa generous.